Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kolb-List Digest: 13 Msgs - 10/10/11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgreen(at)bimi.org

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: 13 Msgs - 10/10/11 Reply with quote

David:
I have a David Clark with active sound attenuation and really like it. I am looking forward to
purchasing a helmet that works with the D/C headsets. IMO they are worth the money. I lost the hearing
in my right ear several years ago and need the quality of the sound in a headset but also the protection
for what hearing I have in my left ear. As a 68 year old pilot with 40 plus year experience I want to
encourage all to use headsets to protect their hearing.
Bob
Kolb MKIIIX in construction
GPAS VW w/re-drive Culver prop
N830P

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
phactor9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: 13 Msgs - 10/10/11 Reply with quote

Losing your hearing OR EYESIGHT is definitely a life-changing event; one that does NOT just "happen to the other guy".

If anyone is seeing flashes or blinks of light, no matter how faint, or you are nearsighted, GO SEE AN OPHTHAMOLOGIST IMMEDIATELY. Or at least an optometrist who can refer you to an optha. if needed. Those flashes of light are physical anomalies usually indicating the vitreous (gel) is separating (tearing) from your retina (back of the eye) and can represent a precursor to a rupture and/or massive floaters that can disrupt your depth perception and vision in general, and change your life for the worse. Don't ask me how I know all this.

Ever crack an egg and notice how the whites are "connected" to the shell? The vitreous (gel) is attached to your retina in a similar fashion. Should that detach, even in spots, your retina can be seriously affected.

In addition to watching for inner-eye light-sparks, blinks and flashes, wear your goggles! Am I trying to scare you? Yes.

Phil H.
--- On Tue, 10/11/11, Bob Green <bgreen(at)bimi.org> wrote:

Quote:

Subject: RE: Kolb-List Digest: 13 Msgs - 10/10/11
To: "kolb-list(at)matronics.com" <kolb-list(at)matronics.com>
Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2011, 11:02 AM

--> Kolb-List message posted by: Bob Green <bgreen(at)bimi.org (bgreen(at)bimi.org)>

David:
I have a David Clark with active sound attenuation and really like it.  I am looking forward to
purchasing a helmet that works with the D/C headsets. IMO they are worth the money. I lost the hearing
in my right ear several years ago and need the quality of the sound in a headset but also the protection
for what hearing I have in my left ear.  As a 68 year old pilot with 40 plus year experience I want to
encourage all to use headsets to protect their hearing.
Bob
Kolb MKIIIX in r?Kolb-List" target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-Listhttp://www.matronics.com/cont================

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: