Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stabilizer front attachment brackets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdelano(at)telus.net

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Stabilizer front attachment brackets Reply with quote

Hi all,

For all my measuring, I placed one of bracket 7H2-6 too close to the centerline of the front spar on the stabilizer. I did not cut the skin for it so the problem is isolated to whether I need to replace the spar or just reposition the bracket further out drill and cleco it in a new position. It looks like I put it at about 106 mm rather than the 126mm from the centerline. I sent an email to zenith for their advice and will likely follow up tomorrow. Anyone make a similar mistake? I discovered this because I misinterpreted the drawing and cut the wrong chamfers on the brackets and had to make new ones when I was about to position them again and back drill the holes I found one was in the wrong place.

Building from component kits (but you guessed it, making some parts)

Perry Delano
SN 5313
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
dougsnash

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Stabilizer front attachment brackets Reply with quote

Perry, your best bet would be to wait for Zenith's answer on the re-positioning of the bracket on the spar. I'm guessing your spar will be okay but Zenith is the expert, not me. Don't feel too bad about misunderstanding the drawing with this part as I seem to remember some issues here myself.

Looking at your serial number I see that your plans pre-date the change to the forward H-stab mounts. I'm 6363 and the update came out about two weeks after I'd built my stab. Please make sure that you stab mounting angles are 063 instead of 040. There were instances of the 040 brackets cracking with the tail wag given by the 100hp rotax at shutdown.

Doug MacDonald
CH-701 from scratch
NW Ontario, Canada

To: zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 12:44:01 AM
Subject: Zenith701801-List: Stabilizer front attachment brackets

Hi all,

For all my measuring, I placed one of bracket 7H2-6 too close to the centerline of the front spar on the stabilizer. I did not cut the skin for it so the problem is isolated to whether  I need to replace the spar or just reposition the bracket further out drill and cleco it in a new position. It looks like I put it at about 106 mm rather than the 126mm from the centerline. I sent an email to zenith for their advice and will likely follow up tomorrow. Anyone make a similar mistake? I discovered this because I misinterpreted the drawing and cut the wrong chamfers on the brackets and had to make new ones when I was about to position them again and back drill the holes I found one was in the wrong place.

Building from component kits (but you guessed it, making some parts)

Perry Delano
SN 5313

[quote]
[b]

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: