Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wing prep for AoA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
william(at)gbta.net

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: wing prep for AoA Reply with quote

One last question before I'm ready for the bottom skins. I've got all wiring done except whatever is needed for the Angle of Attack. The instructions state to route 2 pressure tubes (what kind of pressure tubes does this refer to). Also, is there room in Vans 3/4" conduit with all the wires to run these in conduit? If not, how have those that have done this routed the tubing? Also, it states to install in the outboard bay. This is where my Duckworks lights will be. Will this interfere with the AoA. Does it matter which wing the AoA is in. The left wing is getting a little crowded--would it be fine in the right wing? If I install it in the right wing, would the second bay from the end work (keeps it away from the Duckworks)?

Thanks,
Bill
[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
bcondrey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: wing prep for AoA Reply with quote

Depends on which AOA system you're using.  If the AFS system, the tubing is 1/8" tygon so it's two runs of that.  Which wing probably doesn't matter but there is very specific info about exact placement of the top and bottom ports.  I'm sure you can find the install docs on the AFS website with the details.  Sorry, don't remember off the top of my head if it's the outboard or next bay inboard from that but it's easily accessible after the skins are on for install.

Bob
On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Billy & Tami Britton <william(at)gbta.net (william(at)gbta.net)> wrote:
[quote] One last question before I'm ready for the bottom skins.  I've got all wiring done except whatever is needed for the Angle of Attack.  The instructions state to route 2 pressure tubes (what kind of pressure tubes does this refer to).  Also, is there room in Vans 3/4" conduit with all the wires to run these in conduit?  If not, how have those that have done this routed the tubing?  Also, it states to install in the outboard bay.  This is where my Duckworks lights will be.  Will this interfere with the AoA.  Does it matter which wing the AoA is in.  The left wing is getting a little crowded--would it be fine in the right wing?  If I install it in the right wing, would the second bay from the end work (keeps it away from the Duckworks)?

Thanks,
Bill
Quote:

get="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
ttp://forums.matronics.com
_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

jump2(at)sbcglobal.net

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: wing prep for AoA Reply with quote

I have duck works and the aoa in the first bay right wing. Aoa sits inside of duck towards fuselage, so no interference. The tubes come with the Aoa so I would buy that part of the aoa and run the tubes now. they sell kit in two parts.
I guess I should ask that you are putting in advance flight system?
Patrick Thyssen
N15Pt

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 21, 2012, at 9:58 AM, "Billy & Tami Britton" <william(at)gbta.net (william(at)gbta.net)> wrote:

[quote] One last question before I'm ready for the bottom skins. I've got all wiring done except whatever is needed for the Angle of Attack. The instructions state to route 2 pressure tubes (what kind of pressure tubes does this refer to). Also, is there room in Vans 3/4" conduit with all the wires to run these in conduit? If not, how have those that have done this routed the tubing? Also, it states to install in the outboard bay. This is where my Duckworks lights will be. Will this interfere with the AoA. Does it matter which wing the AoA is in. The left wing is getting a little crowded--would it be fine in the right wing? If I install it in the right wing, would the second bay from the end work (keeps it away from the Duckworks)?

Thanks,
Bill
Quote:

[b]

drfred(at)suddenlinkmail.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: wing prep for AoA Reply with quote

Bill ;

The AOA tubes are small flexible plastic tubes. You should have enough room in the conduit for all the wires and the tubes. You probably will have enough room to mount the light and the tubes in the same bay. It makes it much easier to service when pulling off the wingtip. I would probably still mount it in the left wing as the tubes need to end up on that side ( the side with your main EFIS) screen. I do not see any theoretical difference to which wing the AOA is on . It still is just a differential pressure sensor. It just will make it harder to route the tubing all the way across the back of the panel. The less stuff you have crossing behind the panel, the better.

Dr Fred
515FW

On 2/21/2012 9:58 AM, Billy & Tami Britton wrote: [quote] One last question before I'm ready for the bottom skins. I've got all wiring done except whatever is needed for the Angle of Attack. The instructions state to route 2 pressure tubes (what kind of pressure tubes does this refer to). Also, is there room in Vans 3/4" conduit with all the wires to run these in conduit? If not, how have those that have done this routed the tubing? Also, it states to install in the outboard bay. This is where my Duckworks lights will be. Will this interfere with the AoA. Does it matter which wing the AoA is in. The left wing is getting a little crowded--would it be fine in the right wing? If I install it in the right wing, would the second bay from the end work (keeps it away from the Duckworks)?

Thanks,
Bill
Quote:

[b]

jjessen01

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: wing prep for AoA Reply with quote

The doc is correct. It makes no diff which wing. If you are in doubt about which bay, call Rob, assuming its an AF AOA. He came out and helped me with mine when it was clear I couldn't locate the holes where recommended for Glastars. I'm sure if you are one bay off it won't matter, just as long as you stay well within the aileron segment of the wing.

... by phone

On Feb 21, 2012, at 10:43 AM, "Fred Williams, M.D." <drfred(at)suddenlinkmail.com (drfred(at)suddenlinkmail.com)> wrote:

[quote] Bill ;

The AOA tubes are small flexible plastic tubes. You should have enough room in the conduit for all the wires and the tubes. You probably will have enough room to mount the light and the tubes in the same bay. It makes it much easier to service when pulling off the wingtip. I would probably still mount it in the left wing as the tubes need to end up on that side ( the side with your main EFIS) screen. I do not see any theoretical difference to which wing the AOA is on . It still is just a differential pressure sensor. It just will make it harder to route the tubing all the way across the back of the panel. The less stuff you have crossing behind the panel, the better.

Dr Fred
515FW

On 2/21/2012 9:58 AM, Billy & Tami Britton wrote:
Quote:
One last question before I'm ready for the bottom skins. I've got all wiring done except whatever is needed for the Angle of Attack. The instructions state to route 2 pressure tubes (what kind of pressure tubes does this refer to). Also, is there room in Vans 3/4" conduit with all the wires to run these in conduit? If not, how have those that have done this routed the tubing? Also, it states to install in the outboard bay. This is where my Duckworks lights will be. Will this interfere with the AoA. Does it matter which wing the AoA is in. The left wing is getting a little crowded--would it be fine in the right wing? If I install it in the right wing, would the second bay from the end work (keeps it away from the Duckworks)?

Thanks,
Bill
Quote:

[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: