Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KAWASAKI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capedavis(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: KAWASAKI Reply with quote

KOLBERS, Has anyone flown a Kolb with a KAWASAKI 440 air cooled ? or do you know anyone who has?

Chris Davis
KXP 503 492 hrs
Glider Pilot
Disabled from crash building Firefly

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
flykolb(at)pa.net

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: KAWASAKI Reply with quote

Chris,

Good engines as I recall, Sky Cycle uses them. Trying to remember, but I think some have been using the Kawis all along. I think they are lighter than Rotax. As a manufacturer we went with the proven Rotax w. gearbox, but now that Rotax is fading from the 2-stroke scene…
I would prefer the separate V-belt drives. A well designed redrive using the newer 3VX belts would be my preference over the poly-v belt. Less tension is needed. If a poly-V looses a little tension you can loose a lot of power. But a V-belt drive uses less tension and less likely to looses substantial power suddenly. A well designed V-belt reduction is only slightly less efficient than a synchronous belt with much less chance of torsional vibration issues.

Dennis

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of chris davis
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2012 4:29 PM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: KAWASAKI

KOLBERS, Has anyone flown a Kolb with a KAWASAKI 440 air cooled ? or do you know anyone who has?

Chris Davis
KXP 503 492 hrs
Glider Pilot

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

neilsenrm(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: KAWASAKI Reply with quote

Hay Dennis

Last time I talked to you it seems like you were working on the design of a new airplane. Anything new to report?
Rick Neilsen
Redrive VW Powered MKIIIC

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Dennis Souder <flykolb(at)pa.net (flykolb(at)pa.net)> wrote:
[quote]
Chris,

Good engines as I recall, Sky Cycle uses them.  Trying to remember, but I think some have been using the Kawis all along.  I think they are lighter than Rotax.  As a manufacturer we went with the proven Rotax w. gearbox, but now that Rotax is fading from the 2-stroke scene…
I would prefer the separate V-belt drives.  A well designed redrive using the newer 3VX belts would be my preference over the poly-v belt.  Less tension is needed.  If a poly-V looses a little tension you can loose a lot of power.  But a V-belt drive uses less tension and less likely to looses substantial power suddenly.   A well designed V-belt reduction is only slightly less efficient than a synchronous belt with much less chance of torsional vibration issues.

Dennis

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of chris davis
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2012 4:29 PM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com (kolb-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: KAWASAKI

Chris Davis
KXP 503 492 hrs
Glider Pilot

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: