Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sending units?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slook(at)mchsi.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Sending units? Reply with quote

Good Evening Zenith builders,

I may be dense but I don't understand the instructions to place the
fuel sender in the side of the fuel tank.
I don't get the paper taped to the tank bit. It seems like there are
instructions to simply measure 135mm from the back of the tank {using
a square} and 74mm from the bottom.
This places the center of the sender inside the circle traced from
the lightening hole of the rib.

Am I missing something?

Steve
Steve Look
Monticello, IL
601XL
"Dogs have owners, Cats have staff"

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
paulrod36(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Sending units? Reply with quote

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]--> That would be (I think) Rib 5, so apparently they intend you to have access to the sender while the tank is installed. I would assume they mean for you to make an inspection plate just outside Rib 5, so you can slide it out if need be.

Paul R
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

zman601xl(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Sending units? Reply with quote

Steve,
I installed my sending units through the side of the tank quite some time ago using the measurements you describe,and the wings are attached.Several times I have looked at the senders ,and thought.......wow must be a bitch working through that lightning hole if you have to change one.I just had the opportunity(SMILE)to take a sender out ,and it really wasn't to bad.In my infinite wisdom I had installed it 180 out.With the float on the bottom of the tank the gauge read full.Anyways,it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.Listening to other builders I think the biggest concern is leakage.I don't want to fill my tanks right now because I'm in a heated area,and worry about fuel vapors.I know this does not exactly address your question but I hope it helped a bit.
        Bob Haring N107RW(reserved)

zman601xl(at)aol.com

--

slook(at)mchsi.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Sending units? Reply with quote

Sent an email to Caleb at Zenith.

He said to ignore the part about taping the paper to the tank. In
fact, he has re-written the photo guide to remove that part from the
650 manual.

Use a square on the back edge of the tank and mark 135mm from the
back. Measure 74mm from the bottom. That's the center of the sender.

Be sure the sender fits within the circle traced from the lightening
hole in the rib.

Steve

Steve Look
Monticello, IL
601XL
"Dogs have owners, Cats have staff"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: