Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NSI EA81 engine and mount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnDRead(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: NSI EA81 engine and mount Reply with quote

Hello all,
 I have a NSI EA engine and mount from a Zenith CH601 HDS for sale. The engine is dyno run only. The unit is at Meadowlake Airport near Colorado Springs. Any offers.

Regards, John

CH701 - Colorado - Jabiru 3300

Cell: 719-494-4567
Home: 303-648-3261

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
frank goodnight

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: NSI EA81 engine and mount Reply with quote

Hi,
I 'm building a 701 --wings are ready for closure, so I'm just getting started but I do work on
it 8 hrs a day 6 days a week. I haven't decided what engine to use , thought about trying
my 60 hp HKS--don't know what a NSI EA engine is. How does your 3300 work out?
Too heavy?? too strong?? Lots of changes to the airframe???
Frank Goodnight
Kolb Firestar 2---200 hrs.
HKS engine
Fayetteville , Arkansas

To: zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Thu, April 5, 2012 1:15:10 PM
Subject: NSI EA81 engine and mount

Hello all,
I have a NSI EA engine and mount from a Zenith CH601 HDS for sale. The engine is dyno run only. The unit is at Meadowlake Airport near Colorado Springs. Any offers.

Regards, John

Quote:

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

klondike(at)megalink.net

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: NSI EA81 engine and mount Reply with quote

Frank --- I had a Rotax 65 hp (2 cycle) and I would not have wanted
anything less. And. my 701 was a much earlier and lighter model. Please
don't handicap yourself by under powering this great little airplane. I
would think the "today's 701 would want more than the 65 hp I had. ( and it
was a fairly light engine).

I say no on the 60 hp question.

Happy Building,

Fritz
---

frank goodnight

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: NSI EA81 engine and mount Reply with quote

Hi Fritz,
Thanks for your thoughts about a 60hp 701.If push comes to shove I can trade my 60 in
on a 80 hp turbo. Almost anything is better than the $20,000 plus for a rotax. Is there anyone out there with 80 hp and is happy with it?
Frank

Sent: Sun, April 8, 2012 11:42:51 AM
Subject: Re: NSI EA81 engine and mount

--> Zenith701801-List message posted by: "fritz" <klondike(at)megalink.net (klondike(at)megalink.net)>

Frank --- I had a Rotax 65 hp (2 cycle) and I would not have wanted anything less. And. my 701 was a much earlier and lighter model. Please don't handicap yourself by under powering this great little airplane. I would think the "today's 701 would want more than the 65 hp I had. ( and it was a fairly light engine).

Happy Building,

Fritz
---

dougsnash

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: NSI EA81 engine and mount Reply with quote

I'm flying my CH-701 with a 912UL 80hp. It flys great on wheels but I would not want to put it on floats. I'm thinking of getting the bullyhawk kit and turning my 80 into a 914. Then I would be good on floats.

Incidentally, I paid $9300.00 for my engine that only had 13hrs on it. It was off of a wrecked 701 but came with exhaust with cabin heat shroud, rad, oil cooler, oil tank,a cowl, parts of the motor mount, a basic instrument panel and the prop hub.  The engine had had a prop strike but under the circumstances, I believed it would be okay. The engine was running on a test stand before I took it home. I performed all of the required prop strike inspections on the engine and it was as good as new. The biggest repair I had to make to the engine was the repair of the mounting tabs on the ignition modules.

Basically, I recommend you look around. If you would be happy with the 80hp, there are some pretty good deals to be had out there.

Doug M
NW Ontario, Canada
CH-701 from scratch

Do Not Archive

Sent: Sunday, April 8, 2012 8:44:24 PM

Hi Fritz,
Thanks for your thoughts about a 60hp 701.If push comes to shove I can trade my 60 in
on a 80 hp turbo. Almost anything is better than the $20,000 plus for a rotax. Is there anyone out there with 80 hp and is happy with it?
Frank

--> Zenith701801-List message posted by: "fritz" <klondike(at)megalink.net (klondike(at)megalink.net)>

Frank --- I had a Rotax 65 hp (2 cycle) and I would not have wanted anything less. And. my 701 was a much earlier and lighter model. Please don't handicap yourself by under powering this great little airplane. I would think the "today's 701 would want more than the 65 hp I had. ( and it was a fairly light engine).

Happy Building,

Fritz
---

frank goodnight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: NSI EA81 engine and mount Reply with quote

Doug--Thanks for your thoughts. I have a bit of time before i need an engine , so will
start looking around to see what's for sale.
Frank

To: "zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com" <zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com>
Sent: Sun, April 8, 2012 9:10:01 PM

I'm flying my CH-701 with a 912UL 80hp. It flys great on wheels but I would not want to put it on floats. I'm thinking of getting the bullyhawk kit and turning my 80 into a 914. Then I would be good on floats.

Incidentally, I paid $9300.00 for my engine that only had 13hrs on it. It was off of a wrecked 701 but came with exhaust with cabin heat shroud, rad, oil cooler, oil tank,a cowl, parts of the motor mount, a basic instrument panel and the prop hub. The engine had had a prop strike but under the circumstances, I believed it would be okay. The engine was running on a test stand before I took it home. I performed all of the required prop strike inspections on the engine and it was as good as new. The biggest repair I had to make to the engine was the repair of the mounting tabs on the ignition modules.

Basically, I recommend you look around. If you would be happy with the 80hp, there are some pretty good deals to be had out there.

Doug M
NW Ontario, Canada
CH-701 from scratch

Do Not Archive

Sent: Sunday, April 8, 2012 8:44:24 PM

Hi Fritz,
Frank

Happy Building,

Fritz
---

koxxy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: NSI EA81 engine and mount Reply with quote

The NSI EA81 is a Subaru conversion. I think Stratus 2000 is the only major Subaru converter left. Right power range, but heavy. The larger VW conversion with belt reduction from Great Plains should meet the power requirements and is the lowest-cost option (assy required). If you don't mind going away from boxers, look into the Geo conversions (Raven and AirTrikes). The auto conversions (1/3 to 1/2 of the initial cost of a 912) will be much cheaper to overhaul, but resale value will be lower than Rotax or Jabiru.

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM, frank goodnight <frank.goodnight(at)att.net (frank.goodnight(at)att.net)> wrote:
[quote] Hi Fritz,

Frank

From: fritz <klondike(at)megalink.net (klondike(at)megalink.net)>
To: zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com (zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com)

Frank  --- I had a Rotax 65 hp (2 cycle) and I would not have wanted anything less.  And. my 701 was a much earlier and lighter model.  Please don't handicap yourself by under powering this great little airplane.  I would think the "today's 701 would want more than the 65 hp I had. ( and it was a fairly light engine).

I say no on  the 60 hp question.

Happy Building,

Fritz
---

mksoucy(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: NSI EA81 engine and mount Reply with quote

Check out the Honda based viking engine.

--- On Mon, 4/9/12, Martin Koxxy <martinkoxxy(at)gmail.com> wrote:
[quote]
Date: Monday, April 9, 2012, 12:14 PM

The NSI EA81 is a Subaru conversion. I think Stratus 2000 is the only major Subaru converter left. Right power range, but heavy. The larger VW conversion with belt reduction from Great Plains should meet the power requirements and is the lowest-cost option (assy required). If you don't mind going away from boxers, look into the Geo conversions (Raven and AirTrikes). The auto conversions (1/3 to 1/2 of the initial cost of a 912) will be much cheaper to overhaul, but resale value will be lower than Rotax or Jabiru.

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM, frank goodnight <frank.goodnight(at)att.net (frank.goodnight(at)att.net)> wrote:
[quote] Hi Fritz,

Frank

From: fritz <klondike(at)megalink.net (klondike(at)megalink.net)>
To: zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com (zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: Zenith701801-List: NSI EA81 engine and mount

Happy Building,

Fritz
---

JohnDRead(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: NSI EA81 engine and mount Reply with quote

The NSI unit I am selling includes the mount and a three blade ground adjustable prop. Support is provided by one of the other subaru converters I cannot remember which one, sorry.

Regards, John

[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: