Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foreflight with Stratus Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesse(at)saintaviation.co

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Foreflight with Stratus Review Reply with quote

I received my Stratus unit from Sporty's the other day and wanted to give a report on my impressions for the group. I know there is a lot of debate over which app is best for the iPad, especially with the new Garmin app released at Sun-N-Fun, but I'm going to try not to get into that beyond this statement. I have used Foreflight since version 1 or 2 and have only tried WingX a little. Because I am used to Foreflight and the navigation and functionality, I have not liked my experiences with WingX, but as has been said before, we like what we are used to. I use Foreflight for all of my flight planning (I usually use www.weathermeister.com for keeping up with the weather for my trip, but use Foreflight for all actually route planning, flight plan filing, and charts and plates while flying). I have Foreflight on my iPad 2 Wifi and iPhone 4. I have used a bluetooth GPS that required jailbreaking the iPad, but when that broke (left it on the glarshield in the Florida sun for 3-4 hours one day and the battery swelled and broke the case), I bought the Bad Elf. I wasn't very happy with the Bad Elf because I didn't like having it attached to the iPad in use, especially when bouncing around in IMC. I almost pulled the trigger on the new iPad, in which case I would have bought the 4G version, but when I didn't get the call from MacMall on the day they were starting to ship (like they promised they would), I didn't follow through with the purchase.

I was walking through the hangars at Sun-N-Fun and saw the Stratus on the first day. After a short talk with a friend of mine, we decided to buy it. We had both been saying that as soon as there was a portable ADS-B box that worked with Foreflight, we would get it. We split the cost and ordered it as well as the external antenna (which we haven't received yet). We mainly wanted ADS-B for weather, because we were almost to the point of getting the unit that would get XM weather onto the iPad, but liked the thought of no subscription better.
We just made a flight in N33DQ (Cessna 182) from Arkansas to Florida through a lot of IMC, but it was a couple of days too early for the Stratus. That would be the real test, especially because of the ADS-B service areas and all of the local radar activity. Unfortunately, the screen shots I have now are shots with no rain within 250nm or more of where I was flying, and not a cloud in the sky, but I will share some of them anyway.
Now, for my experience with the Stratus. YMMV, but this is my thought after my short time using it.
For the cost, I think it's about as cheap as any ADS-B unit that I have seen, and I figured it would cost about the same as a year work of activation and subscription to XM with the better plan, not counting the XM hardware.
As far as what coverage is available through ADS-B, I was pleasantly surprised to find out today that winds aloft are actually available. There are no lightning strikes or Echo Tops, but METARSs, TAFs, NOTAMs, Winds Aloft, Radar (high resolution regional and low resolution nationwide) and PIREPs are all available (among a few other things that I usually don't spend much time with). Personally I really like flying with Echo Tops in the -10 because it usually accurately lets me know if I will be able to get over the tops or will have to go through. Lightning would be nice to have, but usually avoiding the red nexrad (which is a good idea) will keep you away from most strikes (which is a very good idea), in my experience. I will miss those two features, but the most important features for me are METARs, TAFs and Radar.
We took off from X35 with the Stratus on the glare shield of the RV-10 and watched the LED's on the unit as well as the indication in Foreflight of when we got a signal. We got the signal at about 5-600 feet AGL. Remember that we are in central Florida, so the ADS-B coverage here is very good. We had as many as 9 stations at a time in our short flight up to 5,500 feet MSL. I really like the Status page (see attached pictures) that gives you the information on the Stratus. It shows the connectivity, battery status, power source, etc and then gives information on what data has been downloaded and how long ago. It also shows the grid of satellites that the unit is receiving location from and how good the signal is. The accuracy of location, including GPS altitude, is the best I have seen among the bluetooth GPS, Bad Elf, onboard GPS and the Stratus, with Accuracy usually 1-2m.
As you can see from the pictures attached, and as I have already mentioned, the weather here was way too good to get great pictures as to the usefulness of the Stratus, but it's the best I can offer so far. I usually just keep up the map screen with the Radar and Flight Rules shown. For information on a specific airport, you can just tap on the dot and it will pull up the Metar (and TAF and Winds Aloft if available). If you scroll down on the pop-up, you can see the METARs of other local airports, as well as how old the report is. We must have been getting some medium and/or high altitude ADS-B stations, because we were getting national CONUS Radar as well as a good range of METARs, PIREPs, etc.
If you zoom out on the map, only the bigger airport Flight Rules show up. If you zoom in, it shows everywhere that reports. It will also paint the surface winds, cielings, temperature, dew point spread, cloud cover, etc. the same way that it does the Flight Rules, but this display is my favorite for overall information. It will only show one of these at a time, as well as Radar at the same time. It will also show TFR's on the map for those who aren't flying "in the system".
My overall impression is very good. I am looking forward to taking a trip outside the normally shown coverage area, especially after I get the external antenna, so I can see how accurate the coverage maps are in the 10-18,000 foot range. One nice thing is that if you are going through a relatively small area of weak coverage, the information stays on the iPad. It just doesn't update, so you still should have information, which will start updating as soon as you get back within coverage.
The battery on the Stratus has been quite impressive so far. It comes with a USB cable for charging, as well as an AC adapter, but in a 45 minute flight the battery was still in the 90%'s. It seemed to stay put really well on the glare shield and it is low profile, so it doesn't get in my way at all for flying.
Can it replace XM? In my opinion, for a great deal of my flying, yes, mainly because of where I live and where and how I fly. I much prefer the screen size of the iPad to the Garmin Aera, and I like the interface much better than the Aera. As an all-in-one unit for flight planning, preflight weather, enroute charts, plates, enroute weather (with the Stratus), I haven't used anything I think would work better (especially for moving from plane to plane) than the iPad, Foreflight and the Stratus. It is not for everybody, but for those within the coverage area, who move from plane to plane, who don't want to have the monthly subscription, I highly recommend it based on my experience so far. I'll try to post again after I have taken it on a longer trip through some IMC.
One thing I would really like to see in Foreflight would be a Winds Aloft display on the map, like with most XM products. They have surface winds at airports, which helps, but picking an altitude with Winds Aloft information would help. It does calculate Time Enroute and overall wind effect for your route in the route planner, so I guess you could pick different altitudes and see which one would be fastest, but it would be nice to have a chart (like on the Flight Cheetah, for the few of you who might have flown with it).
Jesse Saint
Saint Aviation, Inc.
jesse(at)saintaviation.com (jesse(at)saintaviation.com)
C: 352-427-0285
F: 815-377-3694
[img]cid:86CE3124-CB81-4E76-BAA4-55CB22DB8E23[/img]

[img]cid:3D4F42E2-F601-45DD-ADB8-DC3D6AC161C6[/img]
[img]cid:324708F2-838B-4D6C-9A35-D0A8BDA208CD[/img]
[img]cid:F789AB5F-23F9-4C2B-9877-7374F493E0B7[/img]
[img]cid:643C74C0-5044-408E-8B40-837BBCEB0512[/img]
[img]cid:EB19C300-84D9-4272-9B36-FEC0D1C03A33[/img]

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

photo_2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.74 KB
 Viewed:  10302 Time(s)

photo_2.PNG

photo_3.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  103.74 KB

photo_3.PNG

photo_4.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  582.88 KB

photo_4.PNG

photo_2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  641.78 KB

photo_2.PNG

photo_3.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  553.88 KB

photo_3.PNG

photo_1.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  571.46 KB

photo_1.PNG

amekler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Foreflight with Stratus Review Reply with quote

Jesse,
I also bought the stratus and love the way it works with ForeFlight . When you go to winds under airport info you get winds aloft in a numerical display. I do hope they will add lightning strike but xm only shows air to ground strikes. I currently have xm on a 496 so going to the ipad was such an improvement in display. The GPs accuracy on the stratus is phenomenal. I never saw more than a 2 meter accuracy. I can’t receive the info on the ground at my home airport and use my wifi(internet) connection to get the weather before takeoff. At about 2000 feet I get ADS-B .
I’ll experiment some more this weekend but my initial impression is favorable.

Alan
N668G

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Jesse Saint
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:11 PM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Foreflight with Stratus Review

I received my Stratus unit from Sporty's the other day and wanted to give a report on my impressions for the group. I know there is a lot of debate over which app is best for the iPad, especially with the new Garmin app released at Sun-N-Fun, but I'm going to try not to get into that beyond this statement. I have used Foreflight since version 1 or 2 and have only tried WingX a little. Because I am used to Foreflight and the navigation and functionality, I have not liked my experiences with WingX, but as has been said before, we like what we are used to. I use Foreflight for all of my flight planning (I usually use www.weathermeister.com for keeping up with the weather for my trip, but use Foreflight for all actually route planning, flight plan filing, and charts and plates while flying). I have Foreflight on my iPad 2 Wifi and iPhone 4. I have used a bluetooth GPS that required jailbreaking the iPad, but when that broke (left it on the glarshield in the Florida sun for 3-4 hours one day and the battery swelled and broke the case), I bought the Bad Elf. I wasn't very happy with the Bad Elf because I didn't like having it attached to the iPad in use, especially when bouncing around in IMC. I almost pulled the trigger on the new iPad, in which case I would have bought the 4G version, but when I didn't get the call from MacMall on the day they were starting to ship (like they promised they would), I didn't follow through with the purchase.

I was walking through the hangars at Sun-N-Fun and saw the Stratus on the first day. After a short talk with a friend of mine, we decided to buy it. We had both been saying that as soon as there was a portable ADS-B box that worked with Foreflight, we would get it. We split the cost and ordered it as well as the external antenna (which we haven't received yet). We mainly wanted ADS-B for weather, because we were almost to the point of getting the unit that would get XM weather onto the iPad, but liked the thought of no subscription better.

We just made a flight in N33DQ (Cessna 182) from Arkansas to Florida through a lot of IMC, but it was a couple of days too early for the Stratus. That would be the real test, especially because of the ADS-B service areas and all of the local radar activity. Unfortunately, the screen shots I have now are shots with no rain within 250nm or more of where I was flying, and not a cloud in the sky, but I will share some of them anyway.

Now, for my experience with the Stratus. YMMV, but this is my thought after my short time using it.

For the cost, I think it's about as cheap as any ADS-B unit that I have seen, and I figured it would cost about the same as a year work of activation and subscription to XM with the better plan, not counting the XM hardware.

As far as what coverage is available through ADS-B, I was pleasantly surprised to find out today that winds aloft are actually available. There are no lightning strikes or Echo Tops, but METARSs, TAFs, NOTAMs, Winds Aloft, Radar (high resolution regional and low resolution nationwide) and PIREPs are all available (among a few other things that I usually don't spend much time with). Personally I really like flying with Echo Tops in the -10 because it usually accurately lets me know if I will be able to get over the tops or will have to go through. Lightning would be nice to have, but usually avoiding the red nexrad (which is a good idea) will keep you away from most strikes (which is a very good idea), in my experience. I will miss those two features, but the most important features for me are METARs, TAFs and Radar.

We took off from X35 with the Stratus on the glare shield of the RV-10 and watched the LED's on the unit as well as the indication in Foreflight of when we got a signal. We got the signal at about 5-600 feet AGL. Remember that we are in central Florida, so the ADS-B coverage here is very good. We had as many as 9 stations at a time in our short flight up to 5,500 feet MSL. I really like the Status page (see attached pictures) that gives you the information on the Stratus. It shows the connectivity, battery status, power source, etc and then gives information on what data has been downloaded and how long ago. It also shows the grid of satellites that the unit is receiving location from and how good the signal is. The accuracy of location, including GPS altitude, is the best I have seen among the bluetooth GPS, Bad Elf, onboard GPS and the Stratus, with Accuracy usually 1-2m.

As you can see from the pictures attached, and as I have already mentioned, the weather here was way too good to get great pictures as to the usefulness of the Stratus, but it's the best I can offer so far. I usually just keep up the map screen with the Radar and Flight Rules shown. For information on a specific airport, you can just tap on the dot and it will pull up the Metar (and TAF and Winds Aloft if available). If you scroll down on the pop-up, you can see the METARs of other local airports, as well as how old the report is. We must have been getting some medium and/or high altitude ADS-B stations, because we were getting national CONUS Radar as well as a good range of METARs, PIREPs, etc.

If you zoom out on the map, only the bigger airport Flight Rules show up. If you zoom in, it shows everywhere that reports. It will also paint the surface winds, cielings, temperature, dew point spread, cloud cover, etc. the same way that it does the Flight Rules, but this display is my favorite for overall information. It will only show one of these at a time, as well as Radar at the same time. It will also show TFR's on the map for those who aren't flying "in the system".

My overall impression is very good. I am looking forward to taking a trip outside the normally shown coverage area, especially after I get the external antenna, so I can see how accurate the coverage maps are in the 10-18,000 foot range. One nice thing is that if you are going through a relatively small area of weak coverage, the information stays on the iPad. It just doesn't update, so you still should have information, which will start updating as soon as you get back within coverage.

The battery on the Stratus has been quite impressive so far. It comes with a USB cable for charging, as well as an AC adapter, but in a 45 minute flight the battery was still in the 90%'s. It seemed to stay put really well on the glare shield and it is low profile, so it doesn't get in my way at all for flying.

Can it replace XM? In my opinion, for a great deal of my flying, yes, mainly because of where I live and where and how I fly. I much prefer the screen size of the iPad to the Garmin Aera, and I like the interface much better than the Aera. As an all-in-one unit for flight planning, preflight weather, enroute charts, plates, enroute weather (with the Stratus), I haven't used anything I think would work better (especially for moving from plane to plane) than the iPad, Foreflight and the Stratus. It is not for everybody, but for those within the coverage area, who move from plane to plane, who don't want to have the monthly subscription, I highly recommend it based on my experience so far. I'll try to post again after I have taken it on a longer trip through some IMC.

One thing I would really like to see in Foreflight would be a Winds Aloft display on the map, like with most XM products. They have surface winds at airports, which helps, but picking an altitude with Winds Aloft information would help. It does calculate Time Enroute and overall wind effect for your route in the route planner, so I guess you could pick different altitudes and see which one would be fastest, but it would be nice to have a chart (like on the Flight Cheetah, for the few of you who might have flown with it).

Jesse Saint
Saint Aviation, Inc.
jesse(at)saintaviation.com (jesse(at)saintaviation.com)

[img]cid:image001.png(at)01CD23E4.99C51C80[/img]
[img]cid:image002.png(at)01CD23E4.99C51C80[/img]

[img]cid:image003.png(at)01CD23E4.99C51C80[/img]

[img]cid:image004.png(at)01CD23E4.99C51C80[/img]

[img]cid:image005.png(at)01CD23E4.99C51C80[/img]

[img]cid:image006.png(at)01CD23E4.99C51C80[/img]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

image001.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.74 KB
 Viewed:  10295 Time(s)

image001.png

image002.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  103.74 KB

image002.png

image003.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  582.88 KB

image003.png

image004.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  641.78 KB

image004.png

image005.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  553.88 KB

image005.png

image006.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  571.46 KB

image006.png

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Foreflight with Stratus Review Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments on the 3 different iPads. I will comment on the 16GB version, which I have in the iPad 2. I do wish I had the 32GB version. That is probably one of the main reasons I have not used WingX much. I was given a subscription to the charts for a year, but because I can't download all of the charts for both Foreflight and WingX (I usually try to keep most or all of the US charts downloaded on Foreflight all the time, even though I very seldom fly out West) as well as keep my other apps on the iPad. I do use the iPad for a lot more than just flying, so if you are just flying, then 16GB should be plenty, but if you want to have movies, audio, lots of apps, etc on the iPad as well as Foreflight (uses a lot more storage than WingX), then you might want to look at 32GB. Just my 2 cents (can't find the cents key on my Macbook).

Jesse Saint
Saint Aviation, Inc.
jesse(at)saintaviation.com

On Apr 26, 2012, at 10:10 PM, Robin Marks wrote:

Quote:
Thanks Jesse. I just wanted to piggyback on your comments with an iPad observation. Having owned all three (1, 2 & New) I really like the reduced cost of the iPad 2 3G. Don't get me wrong the New iPad is nice with 4G and the retina screen but it does get hotter that it's predecessors for sure and the minor weight difference is noticeable. The New is definitely an improvement in screen and speed but the iPad 2 seems to do it all quite well and with a minimum $100 savings. I say minimum because you can only get the 2 in a 16GB unit. When you buy the New iPad you may be temped to get the 32 or 64GB as I did for a mere $829.00 before mandatory cover. So $529.00 vs. $829.00. I know Tim O would chime in with the need for extra storage but I have done everything I needed wo going over my 16 GB with a little memory management.
So my 2 (can't find the cents key on my iPad) are you have a choice between good and better. You can't lose.

Robin
Sent from the new iPad

On Apr 26, 2012, at 7:33 PM, "Jesse Saint" <jesse(at)saintaviation.com> wrote:

> I received my Stratus unit from Sporty's the other day and wanted to give a report on my impressions for the group. I know there is a lot of debate over which app is best for the iPad, especially with the new Garmin app released at Sun-N-Fun, but I'm going to try not to get into that beyond this statement. I have used Foreflight since version 1 or 2 and have only tried WingX a little. Because I am used to Foreflight and the navigation and functionality, I have not liked my experiences with WingX, but as has been said before, we like what we are used to. I use Foreflight for all of my flight planning (I usually use www.weathermeister.com<http://www.weathermeister.com> for keeping up with the weather for my trip, but use Foreflight for all actually route planning, flight plan filing, and charts and plates while flying). I have Foreflight on my iPad 2 Wifi and iPhone 4. I have used a bluetooth GPS that required jailbreaking the iPad, but when that broke (left it on the glarshield in the Florida sun for 3-4 hours one day and the battery swelled and broke the case), I bought the Bad Elf. I wasn't very happy with the Bad Elf because I didn't like having it attached to the iPad in use, especially when bouncing around in IMC. I almost pulled the trigger on the new iPad, in which case I would have bought the 4G version, but when I didn't get the call from MacMall on the day they were starting to ship (like they promised they would), I didn't follow through with the purchase.
>
> I was walking through the hangars at Sun-N-Fun and saw the Stratus on the first day. After a short talk with a friend of mine, we decided to buy it. We had both been saying that as soon as there was a portable ADS-B box that worked with Foreflight, we would get it. We split the cost and ordered it as well as the external antenna (which we haven't received yet). We mainly wanted ADS-B for weather, because we were almost to the point of getting the unit that would get XM weather onto the iPad, but liked the thought of no subscription better.
>
> We just made a flight in N33DQ (Cessna 182) from Arkansas to Florida through a lot of IMC, but it was a couple of days too early for the Stratus. That would be the real test, especially because of the ADS-B service areas and all of the local radar activity. Unfortunately, the screen shots I have now are shots with no rain within 250nm or more of where I was flying, and not a cloud in the sky, but I will share some of them anyway.
>
> Now, for my experience with the Stratus. YMMV, but this is my thought after my short time using it.
>
> For the cost, I think it's about as cheap as any ADS-B unit that I have seen, and I figured it would cost about the same as a year work of activation and subscription to XM with the better plan, not counting the XM hardware.
>
> As far as what coverage is available through ADS-B, I was pleasantly surprised to find out today that winds aloft are actually available. There are no lightning strikes or Echo Tops, but METARSs, TAFs, NOTAMs, Winds Aloft, Radar (high resolution regional and low resolution nationwide) and PIREPs are all available (among a few other things that I usually don't spend much time with). Personally I really like flying with Echo Tops in the -10 because it usually accurately lets me know if I will be able to get over the tops or will have to go through. Lightning would be nice to have, but usually avoiding the red nexrad (which is a good idea) will keep you away from most strikes (which is a very good idea), in my experience. I will miss those two features, but the most important features for me are METARs, TAFs and Radar.
>
> We took off from X35 with the Stratus on the glare shield of the RV-10 and watched the LED's on the unit as well as the indication in Foreflight of when we got a signal. We got the signal at about 5-600 feet AGL. Remember that we are in central Florida, so the ADS-B coverage here is very good. We had as many as 9 stations at a time in our short flight up to 5,500 feet MSL. I really like the Status page (see attached pictures) that gives you the information on the Stratus. It shows the connectivity, battery status, power source, etc and then gives information on what data has been downloaded and how long ago. It also shows the grid of satellites that the unit is receiving location from and how good the signal is. The accuracy of location, including GPS altitude, is the best I have seen among the bluetooth GPS, Bad Elf, onboard GPS and the Stratus, with Accuracy usually 1-2m.
>
> As you can see from the pictures attached, and as I have already mentioned, the weather here was way too good to get great pictures as to the usefulness of the Stratus, but it's the best I can offer so far. I usually just keep up the map screen with the Radar and Flight Rules shown. For information on a specific airport, you can just tap on the dot and it will pull up the Metar (and TAF and Winds Aloft if available). If you scroll down on the pop-up, you can see the METARs of other local airports, as well as how old the report is. We must have been getting some medium and/or high altitude ADS-B stations, because we were getting national CONUS Radar as well as a good range of METARs, PIREPs, etc.
>
> If you zoom out on the map, only the bigger airport Flight Rules show up. If you zoom in, it shows everywhere that reports. It will also paint the surface winds, cielings, temperature, dew point spread, cloud cover, etc. the same way that it does the Flight Rules, but this display is my favorite for overall information. It will only show one of these at a time, as well as Radar at the same time. It will also show TFR's on the map for those who aren't flying "in the system".
>
> My overall impression is very good. I am looking forward to taking a trip outside the normally shown coverage area, especially after I get the external antenna, so I can see how accurate the coverage maps are in the 10-18,000 foot range. One nice thing is that if you are going through a relatively small area of weak coverage, the information stays on the iPad. It just doesn't update, so you still should have information, which will start updating as soon as you get back within coverage.
>
> The battery on the Stratus has been quite impressive so far. It comes with a USB cable for charging, as well as an AC adapter, but in a 45 minute flight the battery was still in the 90%'s. It seemed to stay put really well on the glare shield and it is low profile, so it doesn't get in my way at all for flying.
>
> Can it replace XM? In my opinion, for a great deal of my flying, yes, mainly because of where I live and where and how I fly. I much prefer the screen size of the iPad to the Garmin Aera, and I like the interface much better than the Aera. As an all-in-one unit for flight planning, preflight weather, enroute charts, plates, enroute weather (with the Stratus), I haven't used anything I think would work better (especially for moving from plane to plane) than the iPad, Foreflight and the Stratus. It is not for everybody, but for those within the coverage area, who move from plane to plane, who don't want to have the monthly subscription, I highly recommend it based on my experience so far. I'll try to post again after I have taken it on a longer trip through some IMC.
>
> One thing I would really like to see in Foreflight would be a Winds Aloft display on the map, like with most XM products. They have surface winds at airports, which helps, but picking an altitude with Winds Aloft information would help. It does calculate Time Enroute and overall wind effect for your route in the route planner, so I guess you could pick different altitudes and see which one would be fastest, but it would be nice to have a chart (like on the Flight Cheetah, for the few of you who might have flown with it).
>
> Jesse Saint
> Saint Aviation, Inc.
> jesse(at)saintaviation.com<mailto:jesse(at)saintaviation.com>
> C: 352-427-0285
> F: 815-377-3694
> [cid:86CE3124-CB81-4E76-BAA4-55CB22DB8E23]
> [cid:3D4F42E2-F601-45DD-ADB8-DC3D6AC161C6]
> [cid:324708F2-838B-4D6C-9A35-D0A8BDA208CD]
> [cid:F789AB5F-23F9-4C2B-9877-7374F493E0B7]
> [cid:643C74C0-5044-408E-8B40-837BBCEB0512]
> [cid:EB19C300-84D9-4272-9B36-FEC0D1C03A33]
> <photo 2.PNG>
> <photo 3.PNG>
> <photo 4.PNG>
> <photo 2.PNG>
> <photo 3.PNG>
> <photo 1.PNG>

<photo 2.PNG><photo 3.PNG><photo 4.PNG><photo 2.PNG><photo 3.PNG><photo 1.PNG>

Tim Olson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Foreflight with Stratus Review Reply with quote

And I use my iPad with both Foreflight and WingX (and I had skycharts on
there long ago too but never use it anymore). I also use mine for
work (remote access) a bunch, and it's also an entertainment device on
vacations....movies mostly. So for me, 32Gb would be a minimum,
and 64Gb is do-able. In fact, my biggest complaint about the iPhone
and iPad is that I wish each had one model higher in capacity.
I could really use 64Gb on my iPhone, and I'd love a 128Gb iPad.
It's the primary reason I didn't buy an iPhone 4S and "New" iPad...had
they increased the capacity I'd have bought one the first day.

So Robin is right....you can really save money and if you only want
to use it for flying and some minor things, a 16Gb model would work
but we aware that you will only be able to have one major app on
there for flight software, most likely. I'd *always* recommend
the 3G/4G models because even when just in the car the built-in
GPS is worth the extra, if you use it for any navigation or mapping.
(I keep a road GPS app on there too, with all US coverage)
So for many non-entertainment users, 32Gb would be a logical happy
medium. If you have kids though, spring for the biggest one you
can find. We loaded all of our iPads and iPhones up with movies
and entertainment for our last trip and it was nice to have.

Tim
On 4/27/2012 7:23 AM, Jesse Saint wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for the comments on the 3 different iPads. I will comment on the 16GB version, which I have in the iPad 2. I do wish I had the 32GB version. That is probably one of the main reasons I have not used WingX much. I was given a subscription to the charts for a year, but because I can't download all of the charts for both Foreflight and WingX (I usually try to keep most or all of the US charts downloaded on Foreflight all the time, even though I very seldom fly out West) as well as keep my other apps on the iPad. I do use the iPad for a lot more than just flying, so if you are just flying, then 16GB should be plenty, but if you want to have movies, audio, lots of apps, etc on the iPad as well as Foreflight (uses a lot more storage than WingX), then you might want to look at 32GB. Just my 2 cents (can't find the cents key on my Macbook).

Jesse Saint
Saint Aviation, Inc.

On Apr 26, 2012, at 10:10 PM, Robin Marks wrote:

> Thanks Jesse. I just wanted to piggyback on your comments with an iPad observation. Having owned all three (1, 2& New) I really like the reduced cost of the iPad 2 3G. Don't get me wrong the New iPad is nice with 4G and the retina screen but it does get hotter that it's predecessors for sure and the minor weight difference is noticeable. The New is definitely an improvement in screen and speed but the iPad 2 seems to do it all quite well and with a minimum $100 savings. I say minimum because you can only get the 2 in a 16GB unit. When you buy the New iPad you may be temped to get the 32 or 64GB as I did for a mere $829.00 before mandatory cover. So $529.00 vs. $829.00. I know Tim O would chime in with the need for extra storage but I have done everything I needed wo going over my 16 GB with a little memory management.
> So my 2 (can't find the cents key on my iPad) are you have a choice between good and better. You can't lose.
>
> Robin
> Sent from the new iPad
>
> On Apr 26, 2012, at 7:33 PM, "Jesse Saint"<jesse(at)saintaviation.com> wrote:
>
>> I received my Stratus unit from Sporty's the other day and wanted to give a report on my impressions for the group. I know there is a lot of debate over which app is best for the iPad, especially with the new Garmin app released at Sun-N-Fun, but I'm going to try not to get into that beyond this statement. I have used Foreflight since version 1 or 2 and have only tried WingX a little. Because I am used to Foreflight and the navigation and functionality, I have not liked my experiences with WingX, but as has been said before, we like what we are used to. I use Foreflight for all of my flight planning (I usually use www.weathermeister.com<http://www.weathermeister.com> for keeping up with the weather for my trip, but use Foreflight for all actually route planning, flight plan filing, and charts and plates while flying). I have Foreflight on my iPad 2 Wifi and iPhone 4. I have used a bluetooth GPS that required jailbreaking the iPad, but when that broke (left it on the gla!

rs!
Quote:
hield in the Florida sun for 3-4 hours one day and the battery swelled and broke the case), I bought the Bad Elf. I wasn't very happy with the Bad Elf because I didn't like having it attached to the iPad in use, especially when bouncing around in IMC. I almost pulled the trigger on the new iPad, in which case I would have bought the 4G version, but when I didn't get the call from MacMall on the day they were starting to ship (like they promised they would), I didn't follow through with the purchase.
>>
>> I was walking through the hangars at Sun-N-Fun and saw the Stratus on the first day. After a short talk with a friend of mine, we decided to buy it. We had both been saying that as soon as there was a portable ADS-B box that worked with Foreflight, we would get it. We split the cost and ordered it as well as the external antenna (which we haven't received yet). We mainly wanted ADS-B for weather, because we were almost to the point of getting the unit that would get XM weather onto the iPad, but liked the thought of no subscription better.
>>
>> We just made a flight in N33DQ (Cessna 182) from Arkansas to Florida through a lot of IMC, but it was a couple of days too early for the Stratus. That would be the real test, especially because of the ADS-B service areas and all of the local radar activity. Unfortunately, the screen shots I have now are shots with no rain within 250nm or more of where I was flying, and not a cloud in the sky, but I will share some of them anyway.
>>
>> Now, for my experience with the Stratus. YMMV, but this is my thought after my short time using it.
>>
>> For the cost, I think it's about as cheap as any ADS-B unit that I have seen, and I figured it would cost about the same as a year work of activation and subscription to XM with the better plan, not counting the XM hardware.
>>
>> As far as what coverage is available through ADS-B, I was pleasantly surprised to find out today that winds aloft are actually available. There are no lightning strikes or Echo Tops, but METARSs, TAFs, NOTAMs, Winds Aloft, Radar (high resolution regional and low resolution nationwide) and PIREPs are all available (among a few other things that I usually don't spend much time with). Personally I really like flying with Echo Tops in the -10 because it usually accurately lets me know if I will be able to get over the tops or will have to go through. Lightning would be nice to have, but usually avoiding the red nexrad (which is a good idea) will keep you away from most strikes (which is a very good idea), in my experience. I will miss those two features, but the most important features for me are METARs, TAFs and Radar.
>>
>> We took off from X35 with the Stratus on the glare shield of the RV-10 and watched the LED's on the unit as well as the indication in Foreflight of when we got a signal. We got the signal at about 5-600 feet AGL. Remember that we are in central Florida, so the ADS-B coverage here is very good. We had as many as 9 stations at a time in our short flight up to 5,500 feet MSL. I really like the Status page (see attached pictures) that gives you the information on the Stratus. It shows the connectivity, battery status, power source, etc and then gives information on what data has been downloaded and how long ago. It also shows the grid of satellites that the unit is receiving location from and how good the signal is. The accuracy of location, including GPS altitude, is the best I have seen among the bluetooth GPS, Bad Elf, onboard GPS and the Stratus, with Accuracy usually 1-2m.
>>
>> As you can see from the pictures attached, and as I have already mentioned, the weather here was way too good to get great pictures as to the usefulness of the Stratus, but it's the best I can offer so far. I usually just keep up the map screen with the Radar and Flight Rules shown. For information on a specific airport, you can just tap on the dot and it will pull up the Metar (and TAF and Winds Aloft if available). If you scroll down on the pop-up, you can see the METARs of other local airports, as well as how old the report is. We must have been getting some medium and/or high altitude ADS-B stations, because we were getting national CONUS Radar as well as a good range of METARs, PIREPs, etc.
>>
>> If you zoom out on the map, only the bigger airport Flight Rules show up. If you zoom in, it shows everywhere that reports. It will also paint the surface winds, cielings, temperature, dew point spread, cloud cover, etc. the same way that it does the Flight Rules, but this display is my favorite for overall information. It will only show one of these at a time, as well as Radar at the same time. It will also show TFR's on the map for those who aren't flying "in the system".
>>
>> My overall impression is very good. I am looking forward to taking a trip outside the normally shown coverage area, especially after I get the external antenna, so I can see how accurate the coverage maps are in the 10-18,000 foot range. One nice thing is that if you are going through a relatively small area of weak coverage, the information stays on the iPad. It just doesn't update, so you still should have information, which will start updating as soon as you get back within coverage.
>>
>> The battery on the Stratus has been quite impressive so far. It comes with a USB cable for charging, as well as an AC adapter, but in a 45 minute flight the battery was still in the 90%'s. It seemed to stay put really well on the glare shield and it is low profile, so it doesn't get in my way at all for flying.
>>
>> Can it replace XM? In my opinion, for a great deal of my flying, yes, mainly because of where I live and where and how I fly. I much prefer the screen size of the iPad to the Garmin Aera, and I like the interface much better than the Aera. As an all-in-one unit for flight planning, preflight weather, enroute charts, plates, enroute weather (with the Stratus), I haven't used anything I think would work better (especially for moving from plane to plane) than the iPad, Foreflight and the Stratus. It is not for everybody, but for those within the coverage area, who move from plane to plane, who don't want to have the monthly subscription, I highly recommend it based on my experience so far. I'll try to post again after I have taken it on a longer trip through some IMC.
>>
>> One thing I would really like to see in Foreflight would be a Winds Aloft display on the map, like with most XM products. They have surface winds at airports, which helps, but picking an altitude with Winds Aloft information would help. It does calculate Time Enroute and overall wind effect for your route in the route planner, so I guess you could pick different altitudes and see which one would be fastest, but it would be nice to have a chart (like on the Flight Cheetah, for the few of you who might have flown with it).
>>
>> Jesse Saint
>> Saint Aviation, Inc.
>> jesse(at)saintaviation.com<mailto:jesse(at)saintaviation.com>
>> C: 352-427-0285
>> F: 815-377-3694

Tim Olson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Foreflight with Stratus Review Reply with quote

I had an update to WingX that I downloaded this weekend.
In the notes it says that it now supports ADS-B Traffic.
I know Foreflight says they will NOT support traffic
and do not plan to. They have their reasons for this.
At any rate, it now is another differentiating factor
between the 2 apps. I do NOT have ADS-B on my WingX,
(I feel that having ADS-B/WX integrated in the panel is
much better than having it on a separate device, if
possible) so I can't comment on how it works. I also
do not know if it works with the Stratus device or not.
But, I just wanted to pass on this tidbit since it is
also new information.
Tim
On 4/27/2012 7:51 AM, Tim Olson wrote:
Quote:

And I use my iPad with both Foreflight and WingX (and I had skycharts on
there long ago too but never use it anymore). I also use mine for
work (remote access) a bunch, and it's also an entertainment device on
vacations....movies mostly. So for me, 32Gb would be a minimum,
and 64Gb is do-able. In fact, my biggest complaint about the iPhone
and iPad is that I wish each had one model higher in capacity.
I could really use 64Gb on my iPhone, and I'd love a 128Gb iPad.
It's the primary reason I didn't buy an iPhone 4S and "New" iPad...had
they increased the capacity I'd have bought one the first day.

So Robin is right....you can really save money and if you only want
to use it for flying and some minor things, a 16Gb model would work
but we aware that you will only be able to have one major app on
there for flight software, most likely. I'd *always* recommend
the 3G/4G models because even when just in the car the built-in
GPS is worth the extra, if you use it for any navigation or mapping.
(I keep a road GPS app on there too, with all US coverage)
So for many non-entertainment users, 32Gb would be a logical happy
medium. If you have kids though, spring for the biggest one you
can find. We loaded all of our iPads and iPhones up with movies
and entertainment for our last trip and it was nice to have.

Tim
On 4/27/2012 7:23 AM, Jesse Saint wrote:
>
>
> Thanks for the comments on the 3 different iPads. I will comment on
> the 16GB version, which I have in the iPad 2. I do wish I had the 32GB
> version. That is probably one of the main reasons I have not used
> WingX much. I was given a subscription to the charts for a year, but
> because I can't download all of the charts for both Foreflight and
> WingX (I usually try to keep most or all of the US charts downloaded
> on Foreflight all the time, even though I very seldom fly out West) as
> well as keep my other apps on the iPad. I do use the iPad for a lot
> more than just flying, so if you are just flying, then 16GB should be
> plenty, but if you want to have movies, audio, lots of apps, etc on
> the iPad as well as Foreflight (uses a lot more storage than WingX),
> then you might want to look at 32GB. Just my 2 cents (can't find the
> cents key on my Macbook).
>
> Jesse Saint
> Saint Aviation, Inc.
> jesse(at)saintaviation.com
> C: 352-427-0285
> F: 815-377-3694
>
> On Apr 26, 2012, at 10:10 PM, Robin Marks wrote:
>
>> Thanks Jesse. I just wanted to piggyback on your comments with an
>> iPad observation. Having owned all three (1, 2& New) I really like
>> the reduced cost of the iPad 2 3G. Don't get me wrong the New iPad is
>> nice with 4G and the retina screen but it does get hotter that it's
>> predecessors for sure and the minor weight difference is noticeable.
>> The New is definitely an improvement in screen and speed but the iPad
>> 2 seems to do it all quite well and with a minimum $100 savings. I
>> say minimum because you can only get the 2 in a 16GB unit. When you
>> buy the New iPad you may be temped to get the 32 or 64GB as I did for
>> a mere $829.00 before mandatory cover. So $529.00 vs. $829.00. I know
>> Tim O would chime in with the need for extra storage but I have done
>> everything I needed wo going over my 16 GB with a little memory
>> management.
>> So my 2 (can't find the cents key on my iPad) are you have a choice
>> between good and better. You can't lose.
>>
>> Robin
>> Sent from the new iPad
>>
>> On Apr 26, 2012, at 7:33 PM, "Jesse Saint"<jesse(at)saintaviation.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I received my Stratus unit from Sporty's the other day and wanted to
>>> give a report on my impressions for the group. I know there is a lot
>>> of debate over which app is best for the iPad, especially with the
>>> new Garmin app released at Sun-N-Fun, but I'm going to try not to
>>> get into that beyond this statement. I have used Foreflight since
>>> version 1 or 2 and have only tried WingX a little. Because I am used
>>> to Foreflight and the navigation and functionality, I have not liked
>>> my experiences with WingX, but as has been said before, we like what
>>> we are used to. I use Foreflight for all of my flight planning (I
>>> usually use www.weathermeister.com<http://www.weathermeister.com>
>>> for keeping up with the weather for my trip, but use Foreflight for
>>> all actually route planning, flight plan filing, and charts and
>>> plates while flying). I have Foreflight on my iPad 2 Wifi and iPhone
>>> 4. I have used a bluetooth GPS that required jailbreaking the iPad,
>>> but when that broke (left it on the gla!

rs!
> hield in the Florida sun for 3-4 hours one day and the battery swelled
> and broke the case), I bought the Bad Elf. I wasn't very happy with
> the Bad Elf because I didn't like having it attached to the iPad in
> use, especially when bouncing around in IMC. I almost pulled the
> trigger on the new iPad, in which case I would have bought the 4G
> version, but when I didn't get the call from MacMall on the day they
> were starting to ship (like they promised they would), I didn't follow
> through with the purchase.
>>>
>>> I was walking through the hangars at Sun-N-Fun and saw the Stratus
>>> on the first day. After a short talk with a friend of mine, we
>>> decided to buy it. We had both been saying that as soon as there was
>>> a portable ADS-B box that worked with Foreflight, we would get it.
>>> We split the cost and ordered it as well as the external antenna
>>> (which we haven't received yet). We mainly wanted ADS-B for weather,
>>> because we were almost to the point of getting the unit that would
>>> get XM weather onto the iPad, but liked the thought of no
>>> subscription better.
>>>
>>> We just made a flight in N33DQ (Cessna 182) from Arkansas to Florida
>>> through a lot of IMC, but it was a couple of days too early for the
>>> Stratus. That would be the real test, especially because of the
>>> ADS-B service areas and all of the local radar activity.
>>> Unfortunately, the screen shots I have now are shots with no rain
>>> within 250nm or more of where I was flying, and not a cloud in the
>>> sky, but I will share some of them anyway.
>>>
>>> Now, for my experience with the Stratus. YMMV, but this is my
>>> thought after my short time using it.
>>>
>>> For the cost, I think it's about as cheap as any ADS-B unit that I
>>> have seen, and I figured it would cost about the same as a year work
>>> of activation and subscription to XM with the better plan, not
>>> counting the XM hardware.
>>>
>>> As far as what coverage is available through ADS-B, I was pleasantly
>>> surprised to find out today that winds aloft are actually available.
>>> There are no lightning strikes or Echo Tops, but METARSs, TAFs,
>>> NOTAMs, Winds Aloft, Radar (high resolution regional and low
>>> resolution nationwide) and PIREPs are all available (among a few
>>> other things that I usually don't spend much time with). Personally
>>> I really like flying with Echo Tops in the -10 because it usually
>>> accurately lets me know if I will be able to get over the tops or
>>> will have to go through. Lightning would be nice to have, but
>>> usually avoiding the red nexrad (which is a good idea) will keep you
>>> away from most strikes (which is a very good idea), in my
>>> experience. I will miss those two features, but the most important
>>> features for me are METARs, TAFs and Radar.
>>>
>>> We took off from X35 with the Stratus on the glare shield of the
>>> RV-10 and watched the LED's on the unit as well as the indication in
>>> Foreflight of when we got a signal. We got the signal at about 5-600
>>> feet AGL. Remember that we are in central Florida, so the ADS-B
>>> coverage here is very good. We had as many as 9 stations at a time
>>> in our short flight up to 5,500 feet MSL. I really like the Status
>>> page (see attached pictures) that gives you the information on the
>>> Stratus. It shows the connectivity, battery status, power source,
>>> etc and then gives information on what data has been downloaded and
>>> how long ago. It also shows the grid of satellites that the unit is
>>> receiving location from and how good the signal is. The accuracy of
>>> location, including GPS altitude, is the best I have seen among the
>>> bluetooth GPS, Bad Elf, onboard GPS and the Stratus, with Accuracy
>>> usually 1-2m.
>>>
>>> As you can see from the pictures attached, and as I have already
>>> mentioned, the weather here was way too good to get great pictures
>>> as to the usefulness of the Stratus, but it's the best I can offer
>>> so far. I usually just keep up the map screen with the Radar and
>>> Flight Rules shown. For information on a specific airport, you can
>>> just tap on the dot and it will pull up the Metar (and TAF and Winds
>>> Aloft if available). If you scroll down on the pop-up, you can see
>>> the METARs of other local airports, as well as how old the report
>>> is. We must have been getting some medium and/or high altitude ADS-B
>>> stations, because we were getting national CONUS Radar as well as a
>>> good range of METARs, PIREPs, etc.
>>>
>>> If you zoom out on the map, only the bigger airport Flight Rules
>>> show up. If you zoom in, it shows everywhere that reports. It will
>>> also paint the surface winds, cielings, temperature, dew point
>>> spread, cloud cover, etc. the same way that it does the Flight
>>> Rules, but this display is my favorite for overall information. It
>>> will only show one of these at a time, as well as Radar at the same
>>> time. It will also show TFR's on the map for those who aren't flying
>>> "in the system".
>>>
>>> My overall impression is very good. I am looking forward to taking a
>>> trip outside the normally shown coverage area, especially after I
>>> get the external antenna, so I can see how accurate the coverage
>>> maps are in the 10-18,000 foot range. One nice thing is that if you
>>> are going through a relatively small area of weak coverage, the
>>> information stays on the iPad. It just doesn't update, so you still
>>> should have information, which will start updating as soon as you
>>> get back within coverage.
>>>
>>> The battery on the Stratus has been quite impressive so far. It
>>> comes with a USB cable for charging, as well as an AC adapter, but
>>> in a 45 minute flight the battery was still in the 90%'s. It seemed
>>> to stay put really well on the glare shield and it is low profile,
>>> so it doesn't get in my way at all for flying.
>>>
>>> Can it replace XM? In my opinion, for a great deal of my flying,
>>> yes, mainly because of where I live and where and how I fly. I much
>>> prefer the screen size of the iPad to the Garmin Aera, and I like
>>> the interface much better than the Aera. As an all-in-one unit for
>>> flight planning, preflight weather, enroute charts, plates, enroute
>>> weather (with the Stratus), I haven't used anything I think would
>>> work better (especially for moving from plane to plane) than the
>>> iPad, Foreflight and the Stratus. It is not for everybody, but for
>>> those within the coverage area, who move from plane to plane, who
>>> don't want to have the monthly subscription, I highly recommend it
>>> based on my experience so far. I'll try to post again after I have
>>> taken it on a longer trip through some IMC.
>>>
>>> One thing I would really like to see in Foreflight would be a Winds
>>> Aloft display on the map, like with most XM products. They have
>>> surface winds at airports, which helps, but picking an altitude with
>>> Winds Aloft information would help. It does calculate Time Enroute
>>> and overall wind effect for your route in the route planner, so I
>>> guess you could pick different altitudes and see which one would be
>>> fastest, but it would be nice to have a chart (like on the Flight
>>> Cheetah, for the few of you who might have flown with it).
>>>
>>> Jesse Saint
>>> Saint Aviation, Inc.
>>> jesse(at)saintaviation.com<mailto:jesse(at)saintaviation.com>
>>> C: 352-427-0285
>>> F: 815-377-3694

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Foreflight with Stratus Review Reply with quote

I did talk to Foreflight about traffic, and they referred me to the following explanation of how ADS-B traffic works and why they do not support it:

http://blog.foreflight.com/2012/04/01/pings-pucks-and-why-no-traffic-on-stratus/

Makes sense to me that without ADS-B out, the traffic information will be far from complete, giving a false sense of security. If you have a way of getting the ADS-B info from the Navworx box into WingX, then that would be very nice, but without ADS-B out, you would only get occasional traffic, not all of it. I have wondered how having ADS-B out makes a difference, but now I understand it. I had heard that initially the traffic didn't require ADS-B out, but then I heard that some southern Florida stations did require it, and that other stations were going to start requiring it.

Jesse Saint
Saint Aviation, Inc.

On Apr 30, 2012, at 11:19 AM, Tim Olson wrote:

Quote:

I had an update to WingX that I downloaded this weekend.
In the notes it says that it now supports ADS-B Traffic.
I know Foreflight says they will NOT support traffic
and do not plan to. They have their reasons for this.
At any rate, it now is another differentiating factor
between the 2 apps. I do NOT have ADS-B on my WingX,
(I feel that having ADS-B/WX integrated in the panel is
much better than having it on a separate device, if
possible) so I can't comment on how it works. I also
do not know if it works with the Stratus device or not.
But, I just wanted to pass on this tidbit since it is
also new information.
Tim

On 4/27/2012 7:51 AM, Tim Olson wrote:
>
>
> And I use my iPad with both Foreflight and WingX (and I had skycharts on
> there long ago too but never use it anymore). I also use mine for
> work (remote access) a bunch, and it's also an entertainment device on
> vacations....movies mostly. So for me, 32Gb would be a minimum,
> and 64Gb is do-able. In fact, my biggest complaint about the iPhone
> and iPad is that I wish each had one model higher in capacity.
> I could really use 64Gb on my iPhone, and I'd love a 128Gb iPad.
> It's the primary reason I didn't buy an iPhone 4S and "New" iPad...had
> they increased the capacity I'd have bought one the first day.
>
> So Robin is right....you can really save money and if you only want
> to use it for flying and some minor things, a 16Gb model would work
> but we aware that you will only be able to have one major app on
> there for flight software, most likely. I'd *always* recommend
> the 3G/4G models because even when just in the car the built-in
> GPS is worth the extra, if you use it for any navigation or mapping.
> (I keep a road GPS app on there too, with all US coverage)
> So for many non-entertainment users, 32Gb would be a logical happy
> medium. If you have kids though, spring for the biggest one you
> can find. We loaded all of our iPads and iPhones up with movies
> and entertainment for our last trip and it was nice to have.
>
> Tim
>
>
> On 4/27/2012 7:23 AM, Jesse Saint wrote:
>>
>>
>> Thanks for the comments on the 3 different iPads. I will comment on
>> the 16GB version, which I have in the iPad 2. I do wish I had the 32GB
>> version. That is probably one of the main reasons I have not used
>> WingX much. I was given a subscription to the charts for a year, but
>> because I can't download all of the charts for both Foreflight and
>> WingX (I usually try to keep most or all of the US charts downloaded
>> on Foreflight all the time, even though I very seldom fly out West) as
>> well as keep my other apps on the iPad. I do use the iPad for a lot
>> more than just flying, so if you are just flying, then 16GB should be
>> plenty, but if you want to have movies, audio, lots of apps, etc on
>> the iPad as well as Foreflight (uses a lot more storage than WingX),
>> then you might want to look at 32GB. Just my 2 cents (can't find the
>> cents key on my Macbook).
>>
>> Jesse Saint
>> Saint Aviation, Inc.
>> jesse(at)saintaviation.com
>> C: 352-427-0285
>> F: 815-377-3694
>>
>> On Apr 26, 2012, at 10:10 PM, Robin Marks wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Jesse. I just wanted to piggyback on your comments with an
>>> iPad observation. Having owned all three (1, 2& New) I really like
>>> the reduced cost of the iPad 2 3G. Don't get me wrong the New iPad is
>>> nice with 4G and the retina screen but it does get hotter that it's
>>> predecessors for sure and the minor weight difference is noticeable.
>>> The New is definitely an improvement in screen and speed but the iPad
>>> 2 seems to do it all quite well and with a minimum $100 savings. I
>>> say minimum because you can only get the 2 in a 16GB unit. When you
>>> buy the New iPad you may be temped to get the 32 or 64GB as I did for
>>> a mere $829.00 before mandatory cover. So $529.00 vs. $829.00. I know
>>> Tim O would chime in with the need for extra storage but I have done
>>> everything I needed wo going over my 16 GB with a little memory
>>> management.
>>> So my 2 (can't find the cents key on my iPad) are you have a choice
>>> between good and better. You can't lose.
>>>
>>> Robin
>>> Sent from the new iPad
>>>
>>> On Apr 26, 2012, at 7:33 PM, "Jesse Saint"<jesse(at)saintaviation.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I received my Stratus unit from Sporty's the other day and wanted to
>>>> give a report on my impressions for the group. I know there is a lot
>>>> of debate over which app is best for the iPad, especially with the
>>>> new Garmin app released at Sun-N-Fun, but I'm going to try not to
>>>> get into that beyond this statement. I have used Foreflight since
>>>> version 1 or 2 and have only tried WingX a little. Because I am used
>>>> to Foreflight and the navigation and functionality, I have not liked
>>>> my experiences with WingX, but as has been said before, we like what
>>>> we are used to. I use Foreflight for all of my flight planning (I
>>>> usually use www.weathermeister.com<http://www.weathermeister.com>
>>>> for keeping up with the weather for my trip, but use Foreflight for
>>>> all actually route planning, flight plan filing, and charts and
>>>> plates while flying). I have Foreflight on my iPad 2 Wifi and iPhone
>>>> 4. I have used a bluetooth GPS that required jailbreaking the iPad,
>>>> but when that broke (left it on the gla!
>
> rs!
>> hield in the Florida sun for 3-4 hours one day and the battery swelled
>> and broke the case), I bought the Bad Elf. I wasn't very happy with
>> the Bad Elf because I didn't like having it attached to the iPad in
>> use, especially when bouncing around in IMC. I almost pulled the
>> trigger on the new iPad, in which case I would have bought the 4G
>> version, but when I didn't get the call from MacMall on the day they
>> were starting to ship (like they promised they would), I didn't follow
>> through with the purchase.
>>>>
>>>> I was walking through the hangars at Sun-N-Fun and saw the Stratus
>>>> on the first day. After a short talk with a friend of mine, we
>>>> decided to buy it. We had both been saying that as soon as there was
>>>> a portable ADS-B box that worked with Foreflight, we would get it.
>>>> We split the cost and ordered it as well as the external antenna
>>>> (which we haven't received yet). We mainly wanted ADS-B for weather,
>>>> because we were almost to the point of getting the unit that would
>>>> get XM weather onto the iPad, but liked the thought of no
>>>> subscription better.
>>>>
>>>> We just made a flight in N33DQ (Cessna 182) from Arkansas to Florida
>>>> through a lot of IMC, but it was a couple of days too early for the
>>>> Stratus. That would be the real test, especially because of the
>>>> ADS-B service areas and all of the local radar activity.
>>>> Unfortunately, the screen shots I have now are shots with no rain
>>>> within 250nm or more of where I was flying, and not a cloud in the
>>>> sky, but I will share some of them anyway.
>>>>
>>>> Now, for my experience with the Stratus. YMMV, but this is my
>>>> thought after my short time using it.
>>>>
>>>> For the cost, I think it's about as cheap as any ADS-B unit that I
>>>> have seen, and I figured it would cost about the same as a year work
>>>> of activation and subscription to XM with the better plan, not
>>>> counting the XM hardware.
>>>>
>>>> As far as what coverage is available through ADS-B, I was pleasantly
>>>> surprised to find out today that winds aloft are actually available.
>>>> There are no lightning strikes or Echo Tops, but METARSs, TAFs,
>>>> NOTAMs, Winds Aloft, Radar (high resolution regional and low
>>>> resolution nationwide) and PIREPs are all available (among a few
>>>> other things that I usually don't spend much time with). Personally
>>>> I really like flying with Echo Tops in the -10 because it usually
>>>> accurately lets me know if I will be able to get over the tops or
>>>> will have to go through. Lightning would be nice to have, but
>>>> usually avoiding the red nexrad (which is a good idea) will keep you
>>>> away from most strikes (which is a very good idea), in my
>>>> experience. I will miss those two features, but the most important
>>>> features for me are METARs, TAFs and Radar.
>>>>
>>>> We took off from X35 with the Stratus on the glare shield of the
>>>> RV-10 and watched the LED's on the unit as well as the indication in
>>>> Foreflight of when we got a signal. We got the signal at about 5-600
>>>> feet AGL. Remember that we are in central Florida, so the ADS-B
>>>> coverage here is very good. We had as many as 9 stations at a time
>>>> in our short flight up to 5,500 feet MSL. I really like the Status
>>>> page (see attached pictures) that gives you the information on the
>>>> Stratus. It shows the connectivity, battery status, power source,
>>>> etc and then gives information on what data has been downloaded and
>>>> how long ago. It also shows the grid of satellites that the unit is
>>>> receiving location from and how good the signal is. The accuracy of
>>>> location, including GPS altitude, is the best I have seen among the
>>>> bluetooth GPS, Bad Elf, onboard GPS and the Stratus, with Accuracy
>>>> usually 1-2m.
>>>>
>>>> As you can see from the pictures attached, and as I have already
>>>> mentioned, the weather here was way too good to get great pictures
>>>> as to the usefulness of the Stratus, but it's the best I can offer
>>>> so far. I usually just keep up the map screen with the Radar and
>>>> Flight Rules shown. For information on a specific airport, you can
>>>> just tap on the dot and it will pull up the Metar (and TAF and Winds
>>>> Aloft if available). If you scroll down on the pop-up, you can see
>>>> the METARs of other local airports, as well as how old the report
>>>> is. We must have been getting some medium and/or high altitude ADS-B
>>>> stations, because we were getting national CONUS Radar as well as a
>>>> good range of METARs, PIREPs, etc.
>>>>
>>>> If you zoom out on the map, only the bigger airport Flight Rules
>>>> show up. If you zoom in, it shows everywhere that reports. It will
>>>> also paint the surface winds, cielings, temperature, dew point
>>>> spread, cloud cover, etc. the same way that it does the Flight
>>>> Rules, but this display is my favorite for overall information. It
>>>> will only show one of these at a time, as well as Radar at the same
>>>> time. It will also show TFR's on the map for those who aren't flying
>>>> "in the system".
>>>>
>>>> My overall impression is very good. I am looking forward to taking a
>>>> trip outside the normally shown coverage area, especially after I
>>>> get the external antenna, so I can see how accurate the coverage
>>>> maps are in the 10-18,000 foot range. One nice thing is that if you
>>>> are going through a relatively small area of weak coverage, the
>>>> information stays on the iPad. It just doesn't update, so you still
>>>> should have information, which will start updating as soon as you
>>>> get back within coverage.
>>>>
>>>> The battery on the Stratus has been quite impressive so far. It
>>>> comes with a USB cable for charging, as well as an AC adapter, but
>>>> in a 45 minute flight the battery was still in the 90%'s. It seemed
>>>> to stay put really well on the glare shield and it is low profile,
>>>> so it doesn't get in my way at all for flying.
>>>>
>>>> Can it replace XM? In my opinion, for a great deal of my flying,
>>>> yes, mainly because of where I live and where and how I fly. I much
>>>> prefer the screen size of the iPad to the Garmin Aera, and I like
>>>> the interface much better than the Aera. As an all-in-one unit for
>>>> flight planning, preflight weather, enroute charts, plates, enroute
>>>> weather (with the Stratus), I haven't used anything I think would
>>>> work better (especially for moving from plane to plane) than the
>>>> iPad, Foreflight and the Stratus. It is not for everybody, but for
>>>> those within the coverage area, who move from plane to plane, who
>>>> don't want to have the monthly subscription, I highly recommend it
>>>> based on my experience so far. I'll try to post again after I have
>>>> taken it on a longer trip through some IMC.
>>>>
>>>> One thing I would really like to see in Foreflight would be a Winds
>>>> Aloft display on the map, like with most XM products. They have
>>>> surface winds at airports, which helps, but picking an altitude with
>>>> Winds Aloft information would help. It does calculate Time Enroute
>>>> and overall wind effect for your route in the route planner, so I
>>>> guess you could pick different altitudes and see which one would be
>>>> fastest, but it would be nice to have a chart (like on the Flight
>>>> Cheetah, for the few of you who might have flown with it).
>>>>
>>>> Jesse Saint
>>>> Saint Aviation, Inc.
>>>> jesse(at)saintaviation.com<mailto:jesse(at)saintaviation.com>
>>>> C: 352-427-0285
>>>> F: 815-377-3694
>

Kellym

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Foreflight with Stratus Review Reply with quote

The person that wrote that blog simply does not believe how many
aircraft already have certified ADS-B out transponders. ALL Embry Riddle
aircraft have it, many corporate aircraft have it. So what if you don't
receive ALL traffic. Getting some traffic in lieu of getting NO traffic
is a plus in my estimation. The FAA made some mistakes along the way,
between having two separate frequencies, which can not serve the whole
system, unless you have 1090ES out and 978 in, and your out signal is
coded that way. 1090ES supports ONLY traffic, not weather, while 978 out
does not allow above 17500 flight.

On 4/30/2012 10:18 AM, Jesse Saint wrote:
Quote:

I did talk to Foreflight about traffic, and they referred me to the following explanation of how ADS-B traffic works and why they do not support it:

http://blog.foreflight.com/2012/04/01/pings-pucks-and-why-no-traffic-on-stratus/

Makes sense to me that without ADS-B out, the traffic information will be far from complete, giving a false sense of security. If you have a way of getting the ADS-B info from the Navworx box into WingX, then that would be very nice, but without ADS-B out, you would only get occasional traffic, not all of it. I have wondered how having ADS-B out makes a difference, but now I understand it. I had heard that initially the traffic didn't require ADS-B out, but then I heard that some southern Florida stations did require it, and that other stations were going to start requiring it.

Jesse Saint
Saint Aviation, Inc.

On Apr 30, 2012, at 11:19 AM, Tim Olson wrote:

>
>
> I had an update to WingX that I downloaded this weekend.
> In the notes it says that it now supports ADS-B Traffic.
> I know Foreflight says they will NOT support traffic
> and do not plan to. They have their reasons for this.
> At any rate, it now is another differentiating factor
> between the 2 apps. I do NOT have ADS-B on my WingX,
> (I feel that having ADS-B/WX integrated in the panel is
> much better than having it on a separate device, if
> possible) so I can't comment on how it works. I also
> do not know if it works with the Stratus device or not.
> But, I just wanted to pass on this tidbit since it is
> also new information.
> Tim
> On 4/27/2012 7:51 AM, Tim Olson wrote:
>>
>>
>> And I use my iPad with both Foreflight and WingX (and I had skycharts on
>> there long ago too but never use it anymore). I also use mine for
>> work (remote access) a bunch, and it's also an entertainment device on
>> vacations....movies mostly. So for me, 32Gb would be a minimum,
>> and 64Gb is do-able. In fact, my biggest complaint about the iPhone
>> and iPad is that I wish each had one model higher in capacity.
>> I could really use 64Gb on my iPhone, and I'd love a 128Gb iPad.
>> It's the primary reason I didn't buy an iPhone 4S and "New" iPad...had
>> they increased the capacity I'd have bought one the first day.
>>
>> So Robin is right....you can really save money and if you only want
>> to use it for flying and some minor things, a 16Gb model would work
>> but we aware that you will only be able to have one major app on
>> there for flight software, most likely. I'd *always* recommend
>> the 3G/4G models because even when just in the car the built-in
>> GPS is worth the extra, if you use it for any navigation or mapping.
>> (I keep a road GPS app on there too, with all US coverage)
>> So for many non-entertainment users, 32Gb would be a logical happy
>> medium. If you have kids though, spring for the biggest one you
>> can find. We loaded all of our iPads and iPhones up with movies
>> and entertainment for our last trip and it was nice to have.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>>
>> On 4/27/2012 7:23 AM, Jesse Saint wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks for the comments on the 3 different iPads. I will comment on
>>> the 16GB version, which I have in the iPad 2. I do wish I had the 32GB
>>> version. That is probably one of the main reasons I have not used
>>> WingX much. I was given a subscription to the charts for a year, but
>>> because I can't download all of the charts for both Foreflight and
>>> WingX (I usually try to keep most or all of the US charts downloaded
>>> on Foreflight all the time, even though I very seldom fly out West) as
>>> well as keep my other apps on the iPad. I do use the iPad for a lot
>>> more than just flying, so if you are just flying, then 16GB should be
>>> plenty, but if you want to have movies, audio, lots of apps, etc on
>>> the iPad as well as Foreflight (uses a lot more storage than WingX),
>>> then you might want to look at 32GB. Just my 2 cents (can't find the
>>> cents key on my Macbook).
>>>
>>> Jesse Saint
>>> Saint Aviation, Inc.
>>> jesse(at)saintaviation.com
>>> C: 352-427-0285
>>> F: 815-377-3694
>>>
>>> On Apr 26, 2012, at 10:10 PM, Robin Marks wrote:
>>>
>>>> Thanks Jesse. I just wanted to piggyback on your comments with an
>>>> iPad observation. Having owned all three (1, 2& New) I really like
>>>> the reduced cost of the iPad 2 3G. Don't get me wrong the New iPad is
>>>> nice with 4G and the retina screen but it does get hotter that it's
>>>> predecessors for sure and the minor weight difference is noticeable.
>>>> The New is definitely an improvement in screen and speed but the iPad
>>>> 2 seems to do it all quite well and with a minimum $100 savings. I
>>>> say minimum because you can only get the 2 in a 16GB unit. When you
>>>> buy the New iPad you may be temped to get the 32 or 64GB as I did for
>>>> a mere $829.00 before mandatory cover. So $529.00 vs. $829.00. I know
>>>> Tim O would chime in with the need for extra storage but I have done
>>>> everything I needed wo going over my 16 GB with a little memory
>>>> management.
>>>> So my 2 (can't find the cents key on my iPad) are you have a choice
>>>> between good and better. You can't lose.
>>>>
>>>> Robin
>>>> Sent from the new iPad
>>>>
>>>> On Apr 26, 2012, at 7:33 PM, "Jesse Saint"<jesse(at)saintaviation.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I received my Stratus unit from Sporty's the other day and wanted to
>>>>> give a report on my impressions for the group. I know there is a lot
>>>>> of debate over which app is best for the iPad, especially with the
>>>>> new Garmin app released at Sun-N-Fun, but I'm going to try not to
>>>>> get into that beyond this statement. I have used Foreflight since
>>>>> version 1 or 2 and have only tried WingX a little. Because I am used
>>>>> to Foreflight and the navigation and functionality, I have not liked
>>>>> my experiences with WingX, but as has been said before, we like what
>>>>> we are used to. I use Foreflight for all of my flight planning (I
>>>>> usually use www.weathermeister.com<http://www.weathermeister.com>
>>>>> for keeping up with the weather for my trip, but use Foreflight for
>>>>> all actually route planning, flight plan filing, and charts and
>>>>> plates while flying). I have Foreflight on my iPad 2 Wifi and iPhone
>>>>> 4. I have used a bluetooth GPS that required jailbreaking the iPad,
>>>>> but when that broke (left it on the gla!
>> rs!
>>> hield in the Florida sun for 3-4 hours one day and the battery swelled
>>> and broke the case), I bought the Bad Elf. I wasn't very happy with
>>> the Bad Elf because I didn't like having it attached to the iPad in
>>> use, especially when bouncing around in IMC. I almost pulled the
>>> trigger on the new iPad, in which case I would have bought the 4G
>>> version, but when I didn't get the call from MacMall on the day they
>>> were starting to ship (like they promised they would), I didn't follow
>>> through with the purchase.
>>>>> I was walking through the hangars at Sun-N-Fun and saw the Stratus
>>>>> on the first day. After a short talk with a friend of mine, we
>>>>> decided to buy it. We had both been saying that as soon as there was
>>>>> a portable ADS-B box that worked with Foreflight, we would get it.
>>>>> We split the cost and ordered it as well as the external antenna
>>>>> (which we haven't received yet). We mainly wanted ADS-B for weather,
>>>>> because we were almost to the point of getting the unit that would
>>>>> get XM weather onto the iPad, but liked the thought of no
>>>>> subscription better.
>>>>>
>>>>> We just made a flight in N33DQ (Cessna 182) from Arkansas to Florida
>>>>> through a lot of IMC, but it was a couple of days too early for the
>>>>> Stratus. That would be the real test, especially because of the
>>>>> ADS-B service areas and all of the local radar activity.
>>>>> Unfortunately, the screen shots I have now are shots with no rain
>>>>> within 250nm or more of where I was flying, and not a cloud in the
>>>>> sky, but I will share some of them anyway.
>>>>>
>>>>> Now, for my experience with the Stratus. YMMV, but this is my
>>>>> thought after my short time using it.
>>>>>
>>>>> For the cost, I think it's about as cheap as any ADS-B unit that I
>>>>> have seen, and I figured it would cost about the same as a year work
>>>>> of activation and subscription to XM with the better plan, not
>>>>> counting the XM hardware.
>>>>>
>>>>> As far as what coverage is available through ADS-B, I was pleasantly
>>>>> surprised to find out today that winds aloft are actually available.
>>>>> There are no lightning strikes or Echo Tops, but METARSs, TAFs,
>>>>> NOTAMs, Winds Aloft, Radar (high resolution regional and low
>>>>> resolution nationwide) and PIREPs are all available (among a few
>>>>> other things that I usually don't spend much time with). Personally
>>>>> I really like flying with Echo Tops in the -10 because it usually
>>>>> accurately lets me know if I will be able to get over the tops or
>>>>> will have to go through. Lightning would be nice to have, but
>>>>> usually avoiding the red nexrad (which is a good idea) will keep you
>>>>> away from most strikes (which is a very good idea), in my
>>>>> experience. I will miss those two features, but the most important
>>>>> features for me are METARs, TAFs and Radar.
>>>>>
>>>>> We took off from X35 with the Stratus on the glare shield of the
>>>>> RV-10 and watched the LED's on the unit as well as the indication in
>>>>> Foreflight of when we got a signal. We got the signal at about 5-600
>>>>> feet AGL. Remember that we are in central Florida, so the ADS-B
>>>>> coverage here is very good. We had as many as 9 stations at a time
>>>>> in our short flight up to 5,500 feet MSL. I really like the Status
>>>>> page (see attached pictures) that gives you the information on the
>>>>> Stratus. It shows the connectivity, battery status, power source,
>>>>> etc and then gives information on what data has been downloaded and
>>>>> how long ago. It also shows the grid of satellites that the unit is
>>>>> receiving location from and how good the signal is. The accuracy of
>>>>> location, including GPS altitude, is the best I have seen among the
>>>>> bluetooth GPS, Bad Elf, onboard GPS and the Stratus, with Accuracy
>>>>> usually 1-2m.
>>>>>
>>>>> As you can see from the pictures attached, and as I have already
>>>>> mentioned, the weather here was way too good to get great pictures
>>>>> as to the usefulness of the Stratus, but it's the best I can offer
>>>>> so far. I usually just keep up the map screen with the Radar and
>>>>> Flight Rules shown. For information on a specific airport, you can
>>>>> just tap on the dot and it will pull up the Metar (and TAF and Winds
>>>>> Aloft if available). If you scroll down on the pop-up, you can see
>>>>> the METARs of other local airports, as well as how old the report
>>>>> is. We must have been getting some medium and/or high altitude ADS-B
>>>>> stations, because we were getting national CONUS Radar as well as a
>>>>> good range of METARs, PIREPs, etc.
>>>>>
>>>>> If you zoom out on the map, only the bigger airport Flight Rules
>>>>> show up. If you zoom in, it shows everywhere that reports. It will
>>>>> also paint the surface winds, cielings, temperature, dew point
>>>>> spread, cloud cover, etc. the same way that it does the Flight
>>>>> Rules, but this display is my favorite for overall information. It
>>>>> will only show one of these at a time, as well as Radar at the same
>>>>> time. It will also show TFR's on the map for those who aren't flying
>>>>> "in the system".
>>>>>
>>>>> My overall impression is very good. I am looking forward to taking a
>>>>> trip outside the normally shown coverage area, especially after I
>>>>> get the external antenna, so I can see how accurate the coverage
>>>>> maps are in the 10-18,000 foot range. One nice thing is that if you
>>>>> are going through a relatively small area of weak coverage, the
>>>>> information stays on the iPad. It just doesn't update, so you still
>>>>> should have information, which will start updating as soon as you
>>>>> get back within coverage.
>>>>>
>>>>> The battery on the Stratus has been quite impressive so far. It
>>>>> comes with a USB cable for charging, as well as an AC adapter, but
>>>>> in a 45 minute flight the battery was still in the 90%'s. It seemed
>>>>> to stay put really well on the glare shield and it is low profile,
>>>>> so it doesn't get in my way at all for flying.
>>>>>
>>>>> Can it replace XM? In my opinion, for a great deal of my flying,
>>>>> yes, mainly because of where I live and where and how I fly. I much
>>>>> prefer the screen size of the iPad to the Garmin Aera, and I like
>>>>> the interface much better than the Aera. As an all-in-one unit for
>>>>> flight planning, preflight weather, enroute charts, plates, enroute
>>>>> weather (with the Stratus), I haven't used anything I think would
>>>>> work better (especially for moving from plane to plane) than the
>>>>> iPad, Foreflight and the Stratus. It is not for everybody, but for
>>>>> those within the coverage area, who move from plane to plane, who
>>>>> don't want to have the monthly subscription, I highly recommend it
>>>>> based on my experience so far. I'll try to post again after I have
>>>>> taken it on a longer trip through some IMC.
>>>>>
>>>>> One thing I would really like to see in Foreflight would be a Winds
>>>>> Aloft display on the map, like with most XM products. They have
>>>>> surface winds at airports, which helps, but picking an altitude with
>>>>> Winds Aloft information would help. It does calculate Time Enroute
>>>>> and overall wind effect for your route in the route planner, so I
>>>>> guess you could pick different altitudes and see which one would be
>>>>> fastest, but it would be nice to have a chart (like on the Flight
>>>>> Cheetah, for the few of you who might have flown with it).
>>>>>
>>>>> Jesse Saint
>>>>> Saint Aviation, Inc.
>>>>> jesse(at)saintaviation.com<mailto:jesse(at)saintaviation.com>
>>>>> C: 352-427-0285
>>>>> F: 815-377-3694
>

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

cjay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: ADS-B traffic Reply with quote

Interesting blog on the ping and puck CONOPs for ADS-B, which answers why ADS-B out is needed. However if you have a complete system, i.e., out and in, I believe you should have a pretty complete traffic picture. the ADS-B network doesn't only broadcast ADS-b traffic but also rebroadcasts TIS-B. TIS-B allows all transponder equipped aircraft that are tracked by radar to have their location and track information re-broadcast to ADS-B equipped aircraft.

cjay

johngoodman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Foreflight with Stratus Review Reply with quote

Hey folks,
You don't have to always hit the quote button in a specific thread like this - we know what you're talking about.
John

#40572 Phase One complete in 2011
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: