Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Hypethetically"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FIRESTARII

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: "Hypethetically" Reply with quote

If a guy currently had a registered and N-Numbered FSII and "Happened" to
Find a really good deal on an unregistered FSII, The same exact make and model, would it be possible to use the existing paper work and N-Number on the other airplane to make it legal??? Of course this is pure theroy. Just something to mull over while hanger flying. Let's also assume the unregistered FSII is WAY nicer and newer than the registered one. Then re-power the old one with say a 447 and a 5 gallon tank, 1 seat and sell as part 103 UL???? This is of course all speculation of course but the issue "May" have come across a friends desk and if its possible I know a guy who knows a guy who may be interested in moving forward with the deal? Very Happy. Looking for yeah or neah here not a toung lashing, please also my friend of a friend is asking BEFOR doing and not the other way around. I think my friend is a good guy who flys very safe and respects the law, when the law makes logical sense and does not make an otherwise perfectly airworthy airplane un-airworthy because of a piece of paper and a few extra bucks in uncle SAMs pockets! Let me know what you think so I cal steer my friend in the correct direction.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

henry.voris

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: "Hypethetically" Reply with quote

Sure you could do it... and may get way with it... but it wouldn't be legal...

Alzo... a FSII with a 447 and a 5 gallon tank, 1 seat still isn't a legal Part 103...

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Do Not Archive
FIRESTARII

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: "Hypethetically" Reply with quote

My friend was not sure about the 447 powered version meeting all the 103 criteria it was a topic of discussion though! Outside of weight I think it would fit in the categorie and unless the FAA(Friendly Aviation Associates) had a set of scales in their car they would be hard pressed to prove it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: