Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what's new in the parts room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougsappllc(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: what's new in the parts room Reply with quote

Listers and lurkers,

Pneumatic system:
Not all that much new to pass on except to mention again that air tool oil in your pneumatic system is proving to not be a good thing to do.  Personally I recommend glycerine and alcohol, with a once a year dose of castor oil.  I do carry the glycerine in stock, I do not carry the alcohol or the castor oil.

New stuff:
Brake handle lock--John Long recently sent me a sample of his new brake handle lock and I must say I am very impressed.  It is a work of art, simple in it's function, sturdy in it's construction, easy to both install and operate.  Once you see it I think you will agree that it's a must have item.  I am pleased that John has asked us to sell them for him, please contact me off list for info and a photo if interested.

Lower cowling intake screen--We recently have been able to buy a number of the new style CJ6 lower cowl intake screens, these are the new stainless steel type, a direct replacement for the old soldered screen style.

Magneto coils-- As many of you know I have been trying to find an alternate source for magneto coils for the 285 and the 360 hp engines because supply is drying up in China and Russia.  After over a year of searching we actually stumbled over (it's a long story) a full case of 12 these coils, all new in factory wrappings.  I would encourage everyone to consider haveing a spare on hand until this shortage gets worked out.  New DZ5 mags are now a $1,000.00 each, M9 series higher priced yet.  Again, we have only 12 coils in stock and when they are gone I'm afraid it will be a long dry spell before more are located.

285 hp exhaust valves--I was able to find 10 more, the last shipment of 24 sold out fast. 
Maintenance issue on exhaust ports as pointed out to me by Jill from M14P Inc.  Not enough care is being given to making sure that the ring nuts on the exhaust are good and tight.  If not tight the loose exhaust donuts will will bell out (erode) the exhaust port where they normally seat, quickly eating up the exhaust donuts, eroding the port and eventually will render the cylinder unairworthy.  Many of us sell the pin wrenches, (Geo Coy, M14P Inc, and myself to name a few) if you don't have a pin wrench, please buy one and check the ring nuts at least annually if not more often. 

Felt wheel seal kits-- we were out of these for a short period of time, they and the rest of the overhaul kits are now back in inventory.  Drop me a line off list for a complete list of all the overhaul kits available for the CJ6.

And last I would like to give a big thank you to all of you who have inquired as to how Kathleen and I are doing after our "incident" in our cub.  We are now back to work full time, shoulder to the wheel, pretty much all healed up.  We are building another cub to replace the one we lost, and hope to be in the air by late fall/early spring.  We do appreciate everyone's concern and well wishes.

Please remember, if you respond to any of the above please do so via my email dougsappllc(at)gmail.com (dougsappllc(at)gmail.com) and not via the list.
All the best from Omak,
Doug and Kathleen

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: