Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GX Pilot Software Upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nukeflyboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: GX Pilot Software Upgrade Reply with quote

I have been having some challenges with pitch oscillations in my G3X/GX Pilot integrated autopilot. In flight test initially I was having divergent pitch oscillations in cruise. It only took a bit of turbulence to get it started. Adjusting the VRT Activity from the factory setting of 3 to a new setting of 8 (range 0-36) seemed to solve that problem. Any higher than 8 and it gets twitchy.

I have also had problems capturing a glide path. The nose pitches down too far then overcompensates by pitching up, again divergently. I called TruTrak today about it and spoke to Zack. After describing the symptoms he asked which software version I had - answer 2.49. He said that "there is a software revision that is relevant to this problem". The unit has to be sent back to them for this software revision and I will do this when I return from my Johnson Creek vacation. Turnaround is a couple days.

This is just for your info and should be of interest to those of us with GX Pilot autopilots. Check your software version. Mine was bought 9/2011.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

Strasnuts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: GX Pilot Software Upgrade Reply with quote

Interesting. I have the combo too and purchased mine before 9/2011. I really haven't seen it do the oscillations. I see a very slight dip when in a turn and losing the horizontal component of lift. It barely over compensates but quickly stabilizes.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 21, 2012, at 13:32, "nukeflyboy" <flymoore(at)charter.net> wrote:

Quote:

I have been having some challenges with pitch oscillations in my G3X/GX Pilot integrated autopilot. In flight test initially I was having divergent pitch oscillations in cruise. It only took a bit of turbulence to get it started. Adjusting the VRT Activity from the factory setting of 3 to a new setting of 8 (range 0-36) seemed to solve that problem. Any higher than 8 and it gets twitchy.

I have also had problems capturing a glide path. The nose pitches down too far then overcompensates by pitching up, again divergently. I called TruTrak today about it and spoke to Zack. After describing the symptoms he asked which software version I had - answer 2.49. He said that "there is a software revision that is relevant to this problem". The unit has to be sent back to them for this software revision and I will do this when I return from my Johnson Creek vacation. Turnaround is a couple days.

This is just for your info and should be of interest to those of us with GX Pilot autopilots. Check your software version. Mine was bought 9/2011.

--------
Dave Moore
RV-6 flying
RV-10 QB - flying

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=376240#376240

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

SuperSTOL 60 hours
robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: GX Pilot Software Upgrade Reply with quote

My GX is as Sean describes out of the box. My Sorcerer has required update(s) back at the factory. Also an amazing AP.

Robin

Sent from the new iPad

On Jun 21, 2012, at 5:21 PM, "Seano" <sean(at)braunandco.com> wrote:

Quote:

Interesting. I have the combo too and purchased mine before 9/2011. I really haven't seen it do the oscillations. I see a very slight dip when in a turn and losing the horizontal component of lift. It barely over compensates but quickly stabilizes.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 21, 2012, at 13:32, "nukeflyboy" <flymoore(at)charter.net> wrote:

>
>
> I have been having some challenges with pitch oscillations in my G3X/GX Pilot integrated autopilot. In flight test initially I was having divergent pitch oscillations in cruise. It only took a bit of turbulence to get it started. Adjusting the VRT Activity from the factory setting of 3 to a new setting of 8 (range 0-36) seemed to solve that problem. Any higher than 8 and it gets twitchy.
>
> I have also had problems capturing a glide path. The nose pitches down too far then overcompensates by pitching up, again divergently. I called TruTrak today about it and spoke to Zack. After describing the symptoms he asked which software version I had - answer 2.49. He said that "there is a software revision that is relevant to this problem". The unit has to be sent back to them for this software revision and I will do this when I return from my Johnson Creek vacation. Turnaround is a couple days.
>
> This is just for your info and should be of interest to those of us with GX Pilot autopilots. Check your software version. Mine was bought 9/2011.
>
> --------
> Dave Moore
> RV-6 flying
> RV-10 QB - flying
>
>
>
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=376240#376240
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: