Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Only in a Lightning...#2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Strahan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Only in a Lightning...#2 Reply with quote

At dinner with my gorgeous wife about 7:30 pm Sunday night, Mitch (my son) calls and says "I have a massive favor to ask." Uh oh...

Well, it turns out his girlfriend had taken a bus from college to visit him for the weekend, and they missed getting her to the return bus by 4 minutes. "Dad, can you fly her back?"

Heh. OSU is in Stillwater, OK, and I live at F69 in Texas. About 180 nm. No problem. Home from dinner at 8:30, grabbed necessary items and topped off the tanks. Taxiing out at 9:00, I ask Kelsey if she's ever flown in a small plane. Nope. Next question: You don't get motion sickness, do you? The answer was comforting: "No, not at all. I love roller coasters!"

I briefed my passenger, took off, and headed North under the DFW class Bravo. It was a beautiful, crystal clear night so I did a quick 360 so Kelsey could see downtown Dallas. She enjoyed that, so any concerns about motion sickness were gone for me.

I handed her the audio cable and told her she was the DJ for the flight. Her face lit up and she said "Are you serious?" Smile We enjoyed just over an hour of music and chit-chat before I set down in Stillwater and headed back.

I flew at 3000' on the way out and managed a net +2 tailwind. 9500' on the way back netted about +10. I rolled 7RW into the hanger just a little after midnight, closed the doors, and turned out the lights. 17 gallons of fuel, a quick flight, and I reaffirm for Mitch that I'm the coolest dad ever.

On the way back, I stumbled across what I believe will be the coolest mod to my plane EVER! If you're a bit broad across the shoulders like I am, stay tuned.

Now as to that damn shimmy...next post.

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: