Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2nd Annual Zodiac Fly-In [very un-official] at Sentimental J

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N601WB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: 2nd Annual Zodiac Fly-In [very un-official] at Sentimental J Reply with quote

Jeff Small and I would like to remind you all that the Sentimental Journey Fly-In at Lock Haven, PA is coming up June 21st through 24th.

Last year we had 7 Zodiacs fly in from various east coast locations to make the 1st Annual Zodiac Fly-In official. Sort of official anyway. Nothing official or connected to Zenith Aircraft Co., just a few builders and flyers joining up in a central location for some fun and occasional tall tales.

You can bring your camping gear as Jeff and I did, or find a hotel room if you would like to stay a couple of days.

The Sentimental Journey Fly-In is really a Piper Aircraft gathering, but lots of other interesting classics, antiques and homebuilts show up. And the occasional warbird as well over the several years I have attended. There is a Stearman Convention at the same time as well. There is good (and cheap!) food on the grounds from several local vendors, hot showers, and nightly musical entertainment (with a bar). You can fly all day from dawn to dusk with no restriction due to airshows. Fuel (100 LL) is available via roaming trucks. And there are both paved and grass runways as well! And lots of great flying around the hills and farm fields of the area. I've found a few Amish farms in the next valley where they put horsepower to good use. 

Last year all of the display parking area was filled up with 300+ airplanes the first couple of days. Jeff got a verbal commitment from the officials that if there were enough Zodiacs committed to fly in this year, we could block out some parking spots together. If you can commit to coming in the next week or so, respond to this E-Mail and I will start a list and see how many we can get. Name and tail number would be enough information.  I would have make contact with the S.J. folks by next Friday (June 16th) to let them know if we need space.

It would be great to have a bunch join up again. Let me know soon.

Do a Yahoo or Google search on Sentimental Journey Lock Haven to see what the Piper Fly-In is all about.   

There were pictures in the July/August (I think) Zenith Newsletter showing last year's gathering.

Somewhere on the Zenith website is a picture of my airplane in a sea of Cub Yellow.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

Wayne

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: