Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homecoming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rowedenny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Homecoming Reply with quote

Are there any Kolb drivers from Western PA, or Eastern OH heading to the homecoming by air? Weather and Lord permitting, Linda and I are planning on leaving Apollo PA around three pm on Thursday, stops are planned at Washington county KAFJ, Cambridge CDI, Ohio university UNI, Ashland Regional DWU (hopefully over night there) than finishing trip on Friday through Morehead Rowan M97, Montgomery county IOB, and finally Chestnut Knolls. I am open to suggestion if anyone has advice for adjusting the route and stops, pretty limited range with 10 gallon of fuel and a 2 stroke..
If the weather through the weekend even looks a little iffy, we'll be going by car.

Dennis Skid Rowe
Mk3, 2si 690L
Cell: 724 882 6788

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
John Hauck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Homecoming Reply with quote

Dennis R/Kolbers:

What is your range with two up and loaded as it will be for the flight to
London?

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

Are there any Kolb drivers from Western PA, or Eastern OH heading to the
homecoming by air? Weather and Lord permitting, Linda and I are planning on
leaving Apollo PA around three pm on Thursday, stops are planned at
Washington county KAFJ, Cambridge CDI, Ohio university UNI, Ashland Regional
DWU (hopefully over night there) than finishing trip on Friday through
Morehead Rowan M97, Montgomery county IOB, and finally Chestnut Knolls. I am
open to suggestion if anyone has advice for adjusting the route and stops,
pretty limited range with 10 gallon of fuel and a 2 stroke..
If the weather through the weekend even looks a little iffy, we'll be going
by car.

Dennis Skid Rowe
Mk3, 2si 690L

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Titus, Alabama
rowedenny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Homecoming Reply with quote

John,
Wind pretty much decides range, I plan for a maximum of 75 mile legs with reserve but any legs that long have to have alternative fuel options.
The second planned leg of the Kolb trip is the longest at 70 miles and I should know by then if the plan needs adjusted. Makes for a long trip stopping every 60 miles but that's life traveling in a recreational vehicle.
Skid Rowe
On Apr 22, 2013, at 10:44 PM, "John Hauck" <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com> wrote:

Quote:

Dennis R/Kolbers:

What is your range with two up and loaded as it will be for the flight to
London?

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

Are there any Kolb drivers from Western PA, or Eastern OH heading to the
homecoming by air? Weather and Lord permitting, Linda and I are planning on
leaving Apollo PA around three pm on Thursday, stops are planned at
Washington county KAFJ, Cambridge CDI, Ohio university UNI, Ashland Regional
DWU (hopefully over night there) than finishing trip on Friday through
Morehead Rowan M97, Montgomery county IOB, and finally Chestnut Knolls. I am
open to suggestion if anyone has advice for adjusting the route and stops,
pretty limited range with 10 gallon of fuel and a 2 stroke..
If the weather through the weekend even looks a little iffy, we'll be going
by car.

Dennis Skid Rowe
Mk3, 2si 690L

John Hauck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Homecoming Reply with quote

Wind pretty much decides range, I plan for a maximum of 75 mile legs with
reserve but any legs that long have to have alternative fuel options.
The second planned leg of the Kolb trip is the longest at 70 miles and I
should know by then if the plan needs adjusted. Makes for a long trip
stopping every 60 miles but that's life traveling in a recreational vehicle.
Skid Rowe

Skid R/Kolbers:

There are times I would like to do 60 miles legs.

Normally, I try to fly 1.5 to 2.0 hour legs. As I get older, the legs get
shorter though.

I always tell folks that half the trip is meeting people on the ground. The
more I land, the more folks I meet.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

Titus, Alabama
Dennis.Kirby(at)kirtland.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Homecoming Reply with quote

Dennis Rowe wrote:

<< … I plan for a maximum of 75 mile legs with reserve but any legs that long have to have alternative fuel options. >>

Hey, Denny – welcome back to the List! Glad to hear you are still flying your Mark-3.

With that kind of range, you’d be hard pressed to get too far in the Western states, where we often must flight plan for MINIMUM of 150 miles between fuel stops. For that reason, I bought the new “long range” gas tanks from Travis, for my Mark-3. (6-gallon tanks, versus the stock 5-gallon tanks.) That now gives me a range of about 250 miles – sufficient for my needs in the New Mexico/Arizona/Utah area.

(Although I’m sure the guys with the 20 and 25 gallon size tanks are still chuckling at me!)

Have a safe flight to the Kolb Homecoming!

Dennis Kirby
Mark-3, 912ul
Sandia Park, NM

[quote][b]

rowedenny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Homecoming Reply with quote

Hey Dennis,
glad to hear from you also. I'm still kicking around ideas to put larger fuel capacity in my bird, thinking around 14 to 16 gallon, want to keep it down low and put an external filler neck out the back but don't want to disturb the fabric. It's going to have to slide through behind the seats I guess.
I'm intrigued by the 80hp turbo HKS and its 3 gph fuel burn but they cost more than I have in my entire plane! Still think when the kids get through college Ill jump off the deep end on it. Smile

Skid Rowe

On Apr 30, 2013, at 12:25 PM, "Kirby, Dennis Civ USAF AFMC AFNWC/ENS" <Dennis.Kirby(at)kirtland.af.mil (Dennis.Kirby(at)kirtland.af.mil)> wrote:
[quote] <![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Dennis Rowe wrote:

<< … I plan for a maximum of 75 mile legs with reserve but any legs that long have to have alternative fuel options. >>

Hey, Denny – welcome back to the List! Glad to hear you are still flying your Mark-3.

With that kind of range, you’d be hard pressed to get too far in the Western states, where we often must flight plan for MINIMUM of 150 miles between fuel stops. For that reason, I bought the new “long range” gas tanks from Travis, for my Mark-3. (6-gallon tanks, versus the stock 5-gallon tanks.) That now gives me a range of about 250 miles – sufficient for my needs in the New Mexico/Arizona/Utah area.

(Although I’m sure the guys with the 20 and 25 gallon size tanks are still chuckling at me!)

Have a safe flight to the Kolb Homecoming!

Dennis Kirby
Mark-3, 912ul
Sandia Park, NM

Quote:

===================================
://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
cs.com
matronics.com/contribution

[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: