Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SV: Large mag drop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RotaxEngines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hansjd(at)online.no

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: SV: Large mag drop Reply with quote

Hi Henry. Are you running on mogas ? Old fuel? Try empty your tank - refill fresh fuel! Fuel older than 2 -3 months only for lownmovers and the like!   Just my 2 cents.....

Hans. Ex LN-HJD, Europa mono

-------- Opprinnelig melding --------
Fra: krazydoc33 <galaxyone(at)juno.com>
Dato:
Til: rotaxengines-list(at)matronics.com
Emne: RotaxEngines-List: Large mag drop

I have a 912ULS in a RV-12, the plane has just been signed off by the DAR but I have not yet flown it. The engine starts fine right away and has about 2 hours of taxi time on the engine. I get 5050 rpm at wide open throttle and the airport is at ~5000'. The weather here is in the 90+range shortly after 9:00 am. The problem I am having, which has kept me on the ground, is the mag drop. It is about 650 rpm on each ignition and they both run rough. They are close together but that much of a rpm drop seems very unusual. The exhaust pipe is sooted which suggests it is running rich. The plugs also are very black and cleaning them has no effect. All the other temperatures look normal. I tried a five minute run at full throttle and that had no effect either. Any ideas where to look next will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Henry

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=404353#404353

- The Matronics RotaxEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RotaxEngines-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RotaxEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: