Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Destroying a KOLB ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark.Gray(at)Takata.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Destroying a KOLB ? Reply with quote

I am in the same boat, I have a Firestar II that I will be getting rid of once the new bird is finished.
I have already been on the receiving end of a frivolous lawsuit and don’t want to go thru that again, just the lawyer cost will be more than I can sell it for.
I hope to see something positive come from this discussion.

Do Not Archive

Mark Gray
N229K

The information in this email and attachments hereto may contain legally privileged, proprietary or confidential information that is intended for a particular recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this e-mail information is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to Takata customers or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms and conditions in the governing contract, if applicable. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by return e-mail, permanently delete any electronic copies of this communication and destroy any paper copies.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
mdnanwelch7(at)hotmail.co

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Destroying a KOLB ? Reply with quote

Mark C

Hello.  Haven't heard from you before.  Hi.

Talking to an attorney can be just as useless as talking some guy on the corner.  I said "CAN BE"!!  It depends on the attorney.  They are as different as any other class of people.  There are some good ones C and there are some worthless ones.  The problem is C they don't admit to being worthless C but they will still take your money.  Trust me on this one!!

In the course of being self-employed for more than 35 years C I hate to confess that I have had to deal with the legal system.  Makes me sick C to be honest.  However C I have read the law books for my own research C especially regarding product liability C mechantability C intended-uses C and in some cases C responsibility.

Hell C just because I like to hear myself think C I'll throw together a quick Hold-Harmless release form this evening.  It isn't rocket science to sell an airplane C for Pete's sake!!

Now C for those inclined to argue with me C let me make sure I point out I am talking about PRIVATE citizens selling to other private citizens.  An airplane manufacturer is a different story.  But C even they cover their ass with a simple release form.  Have some of the maufacturers been sued?  Yes!  But C that's because some lowlife attorney knew the manufacturer had insurance or assets to seize (read that big $$$). 

Mike Welch
suedo know-it-all

To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Tue C 31 Mar 2009 09:12:47 -0400
Subject: Re: Destroying a KOLB ?

.ExternalClass p.EC_MsoNormal C .ExternalClass li.EC_MsoNormal C .ExternalClass div.EC_MsoNormal {margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Times New Roman';} .ExternalClass a:link C .ExternalClass span.EC_MsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass a:visited C .ExternalClass span.EC_MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass span.EC_EmailStyle17 {font-family:Arial;color:windowtext;} (at)page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in;} .ExternalClass div.EC_Section1 {page:Section1;}
I am in the same boat C I have a Firestar II that I will be getting rid of once the new bird is finished.
I have already been on the receiving end of a frivolous lawsuit and don’t want to go thru that again C just the lawyer cost will be more than I can sell it for.

Do Not Archive

Mark Gray
N229K

The information in this email and attachments hereto may contain legally privileged C proprietary or confidential information that is intended for a particular recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s) C or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s) C you are hereby notified that any disclosure C copying C distribution C retention or use of the contents of this e-mail information is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to Takata customers or vendors C any information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms and conditions in the governing contract C if applicable. If you have received this communication in error C please immediately notify us by return e-mail C permanently delete any electronic copies of this communication and destroy any paper copies.
Quote:

ttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
ronics.com
ww.matronics.com/contribution

Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

slyck(at)frontiernet.net

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Destroying a KOLB ? Reply with quote

Keep it until you are dead.  Let someone else sort it out. If you are listed as the manufacturer you are liable to the end.  Once the
"company" has gone bankrupt the lawyers lose interest.
BB

On 31, Mar 2009, at 9:12 AM, Gray, Mark wrote:
Quote:
I am in the same boat, I have a Firestar II that I will be getting rid of once the new bird is finished.
I have already been on the receiving end of a frivolous lawsuit and don’t want to go thru that again, just the lawyer cost will be more than I can sell it for.

Do Not Archive

Mark Gray
N229K
The information in this email and attachments hereto may contain legally privileged, proprietary or confidential information that is intended for a particular recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this e-mail information is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to Takata customers or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms and conditions in the governing contract, if applicable. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by return e-mail, permanently delete any electronic copies of this communication and destroy any paper copies.
Quote:
blue; text-decoration: underline; ">http://forums.matronics.com
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; ">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[quote][b]

russ(at)rkiphoto.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Destroying a KOLB ? Reply with quote

MikeThanx for your input.
It's a sorry state of affairs when we have to have a lawyer in  our pockets all the time, but there it is.
I've been  self-employed for 50 years, and luckily have never been sued. They've tried, but I have METICULOUS paper records (tho I hate paperwork) and was able to fend them off.
But as you point out, even if you win, defending yourself will cost you a big bundle. We SHOULD make the loser pay all costs; this would eliminate thousands of frivolous cases. Maybe Obama will do this for us when he gets time.
But a good, properly-written HH release should hold. Could you share the one you write with us?
Lawyers usually go after the deepest pockets they can find, but lots of them have little to do these days & may tackle most anything.
FWIW
Russ K

On Mar 31, 2009, at 9:40 AM, Mike Welch wrote:
Quote:
Mark,

Hello.  Haven't heard from you before.  Hi.

Talking to an attorney can be just as useless as talking some guy on the corner.  I said "CAN BE"!!  It depends on the attorney.  They are as different as any other class of people.  There are some good ones, and there are some worthless ones.  The problem is, they don't admit to being worthless, but they will still take your money.  Trust me on this one!!

In the course of being self-employed for more than 35 years, I hate to confess that I have had to deal with the legal system.  Makes me sick, to be honest.  However, I have read the law books for my own research, especially regarding product liability, mechantability, intended-uses, and in some cases, responsibility.

Hell, just because I like to hear myself think, I'll throw together a quick Hold-Harmless release form this evening.  It isn't rocket science to sell an airplane, for Pete's sake!!

Now, for those inclined to argue with me, let me make sure I point out I am talking about PRIVATE citizens selling to other private citizens.  An airplane manufacturer is a different story.  But, even they cover their ass with a simple release form.  Have some of the maufacturers been sued?  Yes!  But, that's because some lowlife attorney knew the manufacturer had insurance or assets to seize (read that big $$$).  

Mike Welch
suedo know-it-all

To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com (kolb-list(at)matronics.com)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:12:47 -0400

Do Not Archive

Mark Gray
N229K
Quote:
ronics.com

Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.
Quote:
href="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com
href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[quote][b]

herbgh(at)nctc.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Destroying a KOLB ? Reply with quote

Mike

Before you pen this Hold Harmless...Check the EAA site...They likely have a pretty good one...

as my Cousin "the Judge" said...and my cousin "the lawyer" said.... The law ain't necessarily fair ; its just the law...!!

Herb

At 08:40 AM 3/31/2009, you wrote:
[quote]Mark,

Hello. Haven't heard from you before. Hi.

Talking to an attorney can be just as useless as talking some guy on the corner. I said "CAN BE"!! It depends on the attorney. They are as different as any other class of people. There are some good ones, and there are some worthless ones. The problem is, they don't admit to being worthless, but they will still take your money. Trust me on this one!!

In the course of being self-employed for more than 35 years, I hate to confess that I have had to deal with the legal system. Makes me sick, to be honest. However, I have read the law books for my own research, especially regarding product liability, mechantability, intended-uses, and in some cases, responsibility.

Hell, just because I like to hear myself think, I'll throw together a quick Hold-Harmless release form this evening. It isn't rocket science to sell an airplane, for Pete's sake!!

Now, for those inclined to argue with me, let me make sure I point out I am talking about PRIVATE citizens selling to other private citizens. An airplane manufacturer is a different story. But, even they cover their ass with a simple release form. Have some of the maufacturers been sued? Yes! But, that's because some lowlife attorney knew the manufacturer had insurance or assets to seize (read that big $$$).

Mike Welch
suedo know-it-all

To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:12:47 -0400

Do Not Archive

Mark Gray

N229K

Quote:

ronics.com

[/b]

Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.
[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: