Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for field and hanger space around Souderton Pa.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
undoctor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Looking for field and hanger space around Souderton Pa. Reply with quote

[quote][b]
I am looking for a place to keep and fly my Firestar II. I live in Souderton Pa.
Thats close to Quakertown. If anyone has or knows of a field with hanger
space I would appreciate it if you would let me know.

I lost my old field due to development.

thanks for the help

Hi Gary,

I guess how far you must drive depends upon a number of circumstances, but there is hangar
space where I have my FF. The address, if you'd like to Google maps it, is 910 Engler Rd.,
Nazareth 18064. From Google's marker at the curve in Engler Rd., two drives elbow SW, one
to the hangars and the other to the owner's house.

If you're familiar with 191 just N of the exit from 33, it forks right and goes past the
SP barracks and Nicos Polymers plant where the 30 alarm fire was last week. If you look to the
right on the top of the hill from there you can see the hangars.

When I lived in Lansdale and had my UltraStar I had a barn and strip in Elroy, about 3 miles
from my house. It's not a strip any more, but was that neat!!

There are private strips around Quakertown, too, but I don't know exactly where or availability.

Good luck!

Dave Kulp
Bethlehem, PA
FireFly 11DMK
[/b][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
joepilot503

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for field and hanger space around Souderton Pa. Reply with quote

I'm from Story Wyoming and flying a original firestar, I seen the topic on the hanger space and I know the address you posted. I've known Wilson Kessler since 1977. My dad Larry Stenger sold his 1939 J-3 cub to him in 1980. Does anyone know how Mr Kessler is doing these days ? Does he still have the cub ?

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

undoctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Looking for field and hanger space around Souderton Pa. Reply with quote

[quote][b]
Joepilot,

Wilson "Butch" Kessler is doing well. He sold 50 some acres of his property,
which is the airstrip, and kept the section down the hill which is his home.
He and his wife are raising their pre-teen granddaughter. A neighbor bought
the strip, so it's still in operation.

He's contemplating a complete restoration on the Cub. He has an early '40s Stearman
Bipe which he spent hundreds of thousands to have restored to like new condition.
He wanted to go flying it around wherever in retirement, but that hasn't happened,
possibly due to raising the child, so the Stearman is on the block and gorgeous!!!
If I had a few hundred thou to spare I'd sell my FF (Kolb related) and buy it...

He recently bought a brand new black Harley and seems to be enjoying retirement and
less obligation maintaining the airstrip. I do more tall grass t/os and landings now,
since Butch kept it like a putting green and the current owner has a full time excavating
business. Not a problem, just an observation.

Dave Kulp
Bethlehem, PA
FireFly 11DMK

PS: Another AMEN!

[b]Time:
06:10:48 PM PST USSubject: Re: Looking for field and hanger space around Souderton Pa.From: "joepilot503" <joepilot503(at)hotmail.com (joepilot503(at)hotmail.com)>

I'm from Story Wyoming and flying a original firestar, I seen the topic on the
hanger space and I know the address you posted. I've known Wilson Kessler since
1977. My dad Larry Stenger sold his 1939 J-3 cub to him in 1980. Does anyone
know how Mr Kessler is doing these days ? Does he still have the cub ?

[/b][/b][b]

joepilot503

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for field and hanger space around Souderton Pa. Reply with quote

Dave,

Good to hear things are Ok, the strip is still active and he still has the cub.
Thanks for the update.
Brian Stenger
Story, Wyoming
Firestar (Original) W/503

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: