Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3300 First Run Oil Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZFlyer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: 3300 First Run Oil Question Reply with quote

According to the instructions provided by Jabiru on "First Start Procedure" the first item on their list is:
1. Fill oil cooler
2. Add 3.5 qt oil to the sump
How am I suppose to fill the oil cooler? How much oil does it hold? Doesn't the oil go into oil cooler from the same filler as engine oil?
After putting in 3.5 qts and a little more...I still don't get oil on the stick.
Did remove spark plug from each cycl. and did turn over engine with starter per instructions...but still can't get reading on oil stick... what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
M

- The Matronics JabiruEngine-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List

Remember, "the second mouse gets the cheese"!
DaveG601XL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: 3300 First Run Oil Question Reply with quote

Mike,

It has been a while since I first filled my 3300 with oil so I don't remember how much I had to put in, but I believe I just filled until the oil hit the low end of the hashed area and ran the engine. If you have the Jabiru USA oil cooler, I believe it is larger than the one in the Jabiru Australia manuals and will need more oil to fill.

After an oil change, 3.3 quarts of oil get me to this same hashed area, but my cooler already has oil in it. Since you are starting off with an empty oil cooler, you will need more oil to get to the same spot. After the system is filled, you can adjust accordingly. Do not fill oil past the halfway point. Above this, you may experience foaming that will result in oil pressures and temperatures acting funny. Search the archives for a post I wrote on a return flight from Oshkosh in 2010 where I over serviced the oil and had to make a precautionary landing.

Good luck,

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

AZFlyer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: 3300 First Run Oil Question Reply with quote

Dave,

Thanks for the input.
I could not see the oil coming up on the stick... so now it's at the top of the indicator.... but I have a quick drain installed that I can remove a little or a lot to bring the level down.

Appreciate your timely response...

Mike

Remember, "the second mouse gets the cheese"!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: