Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chevy Volt electrics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrspudandcompany(at)veriz

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Chevy Volt electrics Reply with quote

Here is an article on how the Chevy Volt electrical system is put together.
Some on the list may be interested.

Roger

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List

winmail.dat
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  winmail.dat
 Filesize:  2 MB
 Downloaded:  371 Time(s)

nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelect

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Chevy Volt electrics Reply with quote

At 01:31 PM 5/10/2012, you wrote:
Quote:

Didn't see either a link or an attachment.
Can you re-send?

Bob . . .

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

henador_titzoff(at)yahoo.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Chevy Volt electrics Reply with quote

Bob,
I tried opening the winmail.dat file with Word, Adobe PDF Reader, EditPlus, Notepad and one more program, but none worked; therefore, I tried the last resort:
1. Saved winmail.dat to the desktop
2. Went to http://www.winmaildat.com/
3. Clicked on Choose File to choose what file I wanted to convert. I chose winmail.dat
4. Clicked on Send file to send winmail.dat to the converter
5. Clicked on the extracted file (PDF), which is right below the winmail.dat uploaded file
6. Selected Keep and where to put it when the browser offered
 7. Go to save location and open with your favorite PDF reader
The file appears to be legit. I'm gonna attach it to this email, though, so everyone doesn't have to do the above.
Henador Titzoff

From: "Robert L. Nuckolls, III" <nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelectric.com>
To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 8:05 PM
Subject: Re: Chevy Volt electrics

--> AeroElectric-List message posted by: "Robert L. Nuckolls, III" <nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelectric.com (nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelectric.com)>

At 01:31 PM 5/10/2012, you wrote:
Quote:

Can you re-send?

ectric-List" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List========================<brsp; &=======================

Teardown_reveals_Chevy_Volt_s_electronic_secrets_PDF.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Teardown_reveals_Chevy_Volt_s_electronic_secrets_PDF.pdf
 Filesize:  1.99 MB
 Downloaded:  1490 Time(s)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Chevy Volt electrics Reply with quote

Quote:

Can you re-send?

Bob . . .

My return of the posting showed it with an openable
attachment. Here is a link also:

http://www.edn.com/article/521722-Teardown_reveals_Chevy_Volt_s_electronic_s
ecrets.php?cid=Newsletter+-+EDN+Weekly

Roger

winmail.dat
 Description:

Download
 Filesize:  3.84 KB
 Downloaded:  348 Time(s)

nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelect

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Chevy Volt electrics Reply with quote

At 08:50 PM 5/10/2012, you wrote:
Quote:
>Here is an article on how the Chevy Volt electrical system is put together.
>Some on the list may be interested.

Can you re-send?

Bob . . .

My return of the posting showed it with an openable
attachment. Here is a link also:

Thanks! The link wraps so a bit fussy for cut-n-paste.
Here's a tinyurl

http://tinyurl.com/6vnhyox

Bob . . . [quote][b]

Allen Fulmer

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Chevy Volt electrics Reply with quote

For what it’s worth the original attachment worked for me.
Allen Fulmer
RV7

Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 1:32 PM
Subject: Chevy Volt electrics

Here is an article on how the Chevy Volt electrical system is put together. Some on the list may be interested.

<< File: 26349-Teardown_reveals_Chevy_Volt_s_electronic_secrets_PDF[1].pdf >>
Roger [quote][b]

Alexander City, AL
lists(at)stevet.net

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Chevy Volt electrics Reply with quote

The winmail.dat file is a proprietary file produced by Microsoft Outlook. Outlook is the only program that can open it. If you use any other mail program, you're kinda outta luck. There are some programs that will interpret it. The Outlook user that sent this file should change the settings in Outlook to attach native files rather than the winmail.dat file.
Steve Thomas

On May 10, 2012, at 11:31 AM, ROGER & JEAN CURTIS wrote:

Quote:

Roger
<winmail.dat>

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Chevy Volt electrics Reply with quote

The winmail.dat file is a proprietary file produced by Microsoft Outlook.
Outlook is the only program that can open it. If you use any other mail
program, you're kinda outta luck. There are some programs that will
interpret it. The Outlook user that sent this file should change the
settings in Outlook to attach native files rather than the winmail.dat file.
Steve Thomas

Can you point me in the right direction to change my Outlook
to send native files? I can't seem to find it in the help files.

Thanks,

Roger

Do not archive

winmail.dat
 Description:

Download
 Filesize:  3.55 KB
 Downloaded:  397 Time(s)

lists(at)stevet.net

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Chevy Volt electrics Reply with quote

I switched to Mac a number of years ago and haven't used Outlook in just as long. I don't remember where to find that setting. I'm sure that there must be some Outlook users out there that can help. But I do know that there is a setting where you can switch that "feature." Also, if you are connected to a Windows server using Exchange, the setting may be at the Exchange level.

Any windows experts out there?
Steve Thomas

On May 11, 2012, at 7:26 AM, ROGER & JEAN CURTIS wrote:

Quote:

The winmail.dat file is a proprietary file produced by Microsoft Outlook.
Outlook is the only program that can open it. If you use any other mail
program, you're kinda outta luck. There are some programs that will
interpret it. The Outlook user that sent this file should change the
settings in Outlook to attach native files rather than the winmail.dat file.

Steve Thomas

Can you point me in the right direction to change my Outlook
to send native files? I can't seem to find it in the help files.

Thanks,

Roger

Do not archive
<winmail.dat>

rob(at)hyperion-ef.com

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Chevy Volt electrics Reply with quote

All is explained at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/138053

Best regards,
Rob Housman
Irvine, California
Europa XS
Rotax 914
S/N A070
Airframe complete
Avionics soon

Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 7:26 AM
Subject: RE: Chevy Volt electrics

The winmail.dat file is a proprietary file produced by Microsoft Outlook. Outlook is the only program that can open it. If you use any other mail program, you're kinda outta luck. There are some programs that will interpret it. The Outlook user that sent this file should change the settings in Outlook to attach native files rather than the winmail.dat file.

Steve Thomas

Can you point me in the right direction to change my Outlook to send native files? I can't seem to find it in the help files.
      Thanks,
      Roger
      Do not archive
[quote][b]

Bob McC

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Chevy Volt electrics Reply with quote

Roger;

According to Microsoft, this problem arises (automatic conversion to .dat files) when you try to send e-mails in “rich text format”. Their solution is to use either “plain text format” or “HTML format”. Different versions of Windows and Outlook make these selections differently, but on my combination there is a selection box on the toolbar where the “send” button is located which allows me to make that distinction. Your e-mails have always looked different than everyone else’s on my computer and this may be why. In typing this response my computer automatically selected “rich text” because that is the format of your original. That would seem to lend credence to Microsoft’s explanation. I’ve changed this reply manually to “HTML” because that’s what I normally use for e-mail.

Bob McC

Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 10:26 AM
Subject: RE: AeroElectric-List: Chevy Volt electrics

Steve Thomas

Can you point me in the right direction to change my Outlook to send native files? I can't seem to find it in the help files.

Thanks,

Roger

Do not archive
[quote][b]

Falco #908
(just starting)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Chevy Volt electrics Reply with quote

Best regards,
Rob Housman

Roger;

According to Microsoft, this problem arises (automatic conversion to .dat files) when you try to send e-mails in “rich text format”. Their solution is to use either “plain text format” or “HTML format”. Different versions of Windows and Outlook make these selections differently, but on my combination there is a selection box on the toolbar where the “send” button is located which allows me to make that distinction. Your e-mails have always looked different than everyone else’s on my computer and this may be why. In typing this response my computer automatically selected “rich text” because that is the format of your original. That would seem to lend credence to Microsoft’s explanation. I’ve changed this reply manually to “HTML” because that’s what I normally use for e-mail.

Bob McC [quote]Thanks Rob & Bob, I will start using only HTML!  Not sure why I got into the habit of using Rich Text but if changing to HTML will solve the problem, I’m all for it.  â˜ș  â˜ș                Roger[b]

Kellym

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Chevy Volt electrics Reply with quote

The better choice for most email is plain text. Every email program
handles it cleanly, the file size is kept to a minimum. Many listservs
will automatically strip HTML from a message, leaving you shooting blanks.

On 5/11/2012 12:05 PM, ROGER & JEAN CURTIS wrote:
Quote:

Best regards,

Rob Housman

*Roger;*

*According to Microsoft, this problem arises (automatic conversion to
.dat files) when you try to send e-mails in “rich text format”. Their
solution is to use either “plain text format” or “HTML format”.
Different versions of Windows and Outlook make these selections
differently, but on my combination there is a selection box on the
toolbar where the “send” button is located which allows me to make
that distinction. Your e-mails have always looked different than
everyone else’s on my computer and this may be why. In typing this
response my computer automatically selected “rich text” because that
is the format of your original. That would seem to lend credence to
Microsoft’s explanation. I’ve changed this reply manually to “HTML”
because that’s what I normally use for e-mail.*

*Bob McC*

Thanks Rob& Bob,

I will start using only HTML! Not sure why I got into the habit of using Rich Text but if changing to HTML will solve the problem, I’m all for it. â˜ș â˜ș

Roger

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

tonybabb(at)alejandra.net

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Chevy Volt electrics Reply with quote

In Outlook 2010 there appear to be two places that might affect this. In Outlook go to File/ Options
You’ll see this:
[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01CD2FCB.6B0B1F50[/img]

Scroll down a bit further and you’ll see this, look under “Message Format”:
[img]cid:image006.jpg(at)01CD2FCB.6B0B1F50[/img]
Tony
Velocity SEFG 62% done, 78% to go
www.alejandra.net/velocity

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com] ([email][mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com][/email]) On Behalf Of Bob McCallum
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 11:14 AM
To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)

Roger;

Bob McC

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com] ([email][mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com][/email]) On Behalf Of ROGER & JEAN CURTIS
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 10:26 AM
To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)

Steve Thomas

Thanks,

Roger

Do not archive
Quote:
[b]http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

image001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.35 KB
 Viewed:  5014 Time(s)

image001.jpg

image006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  79.38 KB
 Viewed:  5014 Time(s)

image006.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: