Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cooling and warming our Rotax engines:-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herbgh(at)nctc.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Cooling and warming our Rotax engines:-) Reply with quote

I was always amazed that the 277 used almost fuel as my 447... On a
Kitten, then 277 had to run very hard most of the time..while my 447
could cruise the Firefly very nicely between 5200 and 5600...

I was thinking about the twins...I have seen the 277 on a kitten and it
definitely had quite a bit of vibration... Maybe some sort of sliding
device with an automatic spring loaded return to full open.. Mainly on
the radiator since I now have a 582... with single radiator.. Could be
that something on the order of a window shade would work..With
different material of course.. Herb

On 02/18/2013 11:13 PM, wakataka wrote:
Quote:

After two cold seizures, I tried to build something like that for my free air 277, but the vibration from that little beast kept tearing apart whatever design I came up with. I finally solved the problem by having the cylinder honed out about 0.003 larger than factory spec and running a main jet 2 steps richer than spec. I'm also very careful not to go to full throttle immediately after a long descent at idle. On a touch and go, I'll usually take off with about 3/4 throttle and wait until the CHT gets up to 250 before going to full throttle.

--------
There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.

Mark Twain

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: