Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trailer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wighton

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Trailer Reply with quote

Roland,
Have you details/drawings of the trailer? Or details of the supplier?

My Europa is based at EGSL in a new steel hangar with 7 other aircraft, it is very nice but also costly (GBP225+20%VAT per month) making it the most significant fixed/variable cost. In a typical year (50 hours) this amounts to GBP64.80 of the total hourly cost.

Ideally l would trailer the aircraft from Oct to Apr each year and use the hangar at other times. But such is the demand for hangarage in Essex this option is not possible (l waited nearly 2 years for a hangar space) unless l parked it outside in the summer.
Regards
John

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

Roland

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Trailer Reply with quote

Hi John,

it's the same at my homebase EDLE - 340 € incl. tax/month.

My trailer is from Anschau in Germany http://www.anschau.de/englishversion.htm

It was originally built for a MCR 01, then modified for a Dallach Fascination when I bought it (for 7000 €) and then converted (for another 4000 €) for my Europa by the factory. Axel Anschau is also prepared to design a purpose fit trailer from scratch for the Europa and I guess the basic price for a similar model is about 16-17k €. That sounds expensive first but the trailer pays off in a few years.

Rigging and de-rigging is extra effort but on the other hand one avoids hangar rash and is completely autarkic also when doing maintenance at home or transporting the plane anywhere independent of the weather when needed.

Bob Harrison (G-PTAG) and Steve Pitt (G-SMDH) also have closed trailers in the UK.

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS Trigear 914

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

g-fizy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Trailer Reply with quote

Hi john ,my europa is on the factory trailer in my unit ,still waiting for repair europa are so slow Sad ,,if you fancy a trip my way I wll pic u up and take you to unit so you can measure up ,any trailer manufacturing company should be able to make one at a fraction of europas cost ,well any from up north jim pm my from phone number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: