Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A bit of help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougsappllc(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: A bit of help. Reply with quote

Guys,I'm a ways away from my CJ today and need a measurement if anyone has a CJ near by.  We are working on a improved sump drain for the belly sump tank.  I need to know how much space is available to extend the sump drain down before it hits the domed inspection cover.  A measurement from the 3 sided flat plate to the cover would be perfect.
thanks in advance.
Doug

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Ernie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: A bit of help. Reply with quote

Are you referring to the Fuel header tank? 

On Friday, October 14, 2016, doug sapp <dougsappllc(at)gmail.com (dougsappllc(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Guys,I'm a ways away from my CJ today and need a measurement if anyone has a CJ near by.  We are working on a improved sump drain for the belly sump tank.  I need to know how much space is available to extend the sump drain down before it hits the domed inspection cover.  A measurement from the 3 sided flat plate to the cover would be perfect.
thanks in advance.
Doug

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Clouddog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: A bit of help. Reply with quote

Doug mine shows 9/16
Greg Wrobel
On Oct 14, 2016 3:39 PM, "doug sapp" <dougsappllc(at)gmail.com (dougsappllc(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
thanks in advance.
Doug

wlannon(at)shaw.ca

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: A bit of help. Reply with quote

Doug;

Will try to remember to check mine tomorrow.
Something to consider in the process is the fact that the cover and dome move upward with positive pressure in flight.

Walt

Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 1:34 PM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: A bit of help.

Guys, I'm a ways away from my CJ today and need a measurement if anyone has a CJ near by. We are working on a improved sump drain for the belly sump tank. I need to know how much space is available to extend the sump drain down before it hits the domed inspection cover. A measurement from the 3 sided flat plate to the cover would be perfect.

thanks in advance.

Doug

wlannon(at)shaw.ca

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: A bit of help. Reply with quote

Doug;

Took some measurements the other day. There are three surfaces one could use to define the dome location:-- I assume you are referring to largest
surface of the plate itself rather than either surface of the attached nut.
If so that dimension is 1.99”.

Not easy to measure so would include a tolerance of +/- 0.030”.

Good idea to design a drainable sump rather than a simple drain (as I have done) that in fact eliminates the actual sump. The rationale I used here was
that a simple drain would be better than a sump drain that would likely go unused due to the need for tools to access it.
Possibly not one of my best decisions but based on the premise that water drainage should only done be after a substantial settling period.

The upward movement of the dome due to positive in flight pressure I mentioned earlier is a concern only if that movement can contact and activate the
drain valve. I would suggest a minimum clearance of about 0.25”

Cheers;
Walt

Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 1:34 PM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: A bit of help.

Guys, I'm a ways away from my CJ today and need a measurement if anyone has a CJ near by. We are working on a improved sump drain for the belly sump tank. I need to know how much space is available to extend the sump drain down before it hits the domed inspection cover. A measurement from the 3 sided flat plate to the cover would be perfect.

thanks in advance.

Doug

threein60

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: A bit of help. Reply with quote

I added a quick drain sump and drilled a hole through the dome so the drain sticks out about 1/2 inch. This way any fuel will leak outside and it's easy to access for a quick drain.

Adrian Coop Cooper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: A bit of help. Reply with quote

Walt put a low profile drain in my sump when he did his valve improvement.
I drilled a hole in the dome just big enough to get the fuel tester in and it
has worked very well. It is so easy to test the fuel and I don't have to worry about the high pressure. Coop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: